“Very good meal”

Pilothouse Restaurant on the Delta King
Reserve with OpenTable
Pilothouse Restaurant on the Delta King is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 2,123 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$27 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Our recent stay on the Delta King included breakfast the next morning at the Pilothouse. My wife and I both had eggs with bacon, country style potatoes, muffin, OJ and coffee. The eggs were cooked to order, the bacon was thick cut and excellent. You could tell that the OJ was fresh squeezed. A complete menu was available. All in all, a very good meal. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Landed here for a snack after a long walk down the bike path towards Discovery Park and back. Chose the calamari appetizer and an old fashioned. Both were delicious. I love when calamari is cooked perfectly so it's tender and not rubbery! And they fry up the tentacles too instead of just serving me the body cut into rings. They have a nice selection of whiskey too. My old fashioned with Makers was made just right and went nicely with the sunset.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

You're sitting alongside the lazy Sacramento river... watching boats amble by... waving at the boats' tenants... Enjoying the beautiful weather with your drink and terrific food!!

All we had was rated "Excellent"!! And the service never fails - Very responsive!!

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Do make a dinner reservation. This is a very popular place because of the location, food, and service. Although many diners are in a rush to attend a local event, and are served quickly, one can just say "not in a rush" and are still served in a timely manner. If just a single or couple, ask for a window table. A nice view. Good food. Quiet dining even with a good crowd.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

We were waiting for them to get our room ready so we decided to have lunch on board the boat as well. I ordered a shrimp Caesar salad and my GF choose a hamburger. Both were totally flavorless. The shrimp was unseasoned and the entire salad appeared to have come out of a bag. The burger also arrived dry and unseasoned, two strikes. I understand it's simple lunch fare and their "chef " probably never even saw it but we had been planning on coming back for dinner. We decided if they couldn't manage a simple salad and burger how could they do better with something more complex. The lunch was a waste of $40.00. We did however enjoy our stay on board the DK and highly recommend it.