“Good eats!”

Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fat City has proudly served Sacramento for 40 years. While you will find some Asian items on the menu, such as a popular Chinese Chicken Salad and a simple chicken and vegetable stir fry, the cuisine is grounded in traditional American dishes with a few adventurous forays into international cuisine.
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Located in Old Sac, this place had some good food! Soup and sandwich were delish and the service was great! Definitely be back:)

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 5:40, got our table at 5:50.

Our soups didn’t made it until 6:30, and after complaining to the manager. By the way, half the tables were empty, and 3 tables who sat after us got their food by the time we complained.

Food was tasty! The chef should stop wasting his talent here and go somewhere where service is better.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

You may think I am kidding. We have been there and got shut down for dessert because the very last piece of pie was given out to someone else. I don't think they advertise about the superior quality of their pies; after all, the title is "Bar and Cafe" NOT dessert or coffee shop. If I am not mistaken, they have a pretty good size bar area that is well attended most times we have been there.

Now to the food: After we laid claim to our slice of heaven, we each quickly selected a cup of French Onion Soup. Their French Onion Soup is ALWAYS great, cheese melted everywhere, stocked with bread cubes and great taste!! I went for the Fat City Pasta dish and my wife chose the Marsala Chicken plate. We always share our foods and the Marsala Chicken was tender. I inherited her broccolini as they gave her slightly more than she desired. Thank You! Thank you!

What is there not to like about this place? You are dining in historic Old Towne Sacramento in a restaurant that has provided happiness to visitors and locals for years and years. Did I mention they offer different kinds of pie? In the time we were there enjoying our meal, at least 4 or 5 slices of pie were hand carried to their final destination in the room we were in.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

We went there after visiting the Railroad Museum on 11/7/17 for lunch the service was very good I had the chicken pot pie excellent my wife had the lunch special a sandwich and soup which she enjoyed especially the leek soup I’d definitely go back again moderately priced and good service can’t ask for more

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Overheard someone said this restaurant has the best fish and chips so i followed them but ordered angel hair as I was craving for some pasta. And they were all cut-off (or broken? Not sure how to describe it, shown in the image), or if it's a common way how angel hair is here; I have had angel hair in different cities in the US as well as around the world and it was my first to have it this way. I was so confused so decided to take a photo half way of eating. the taste was not bad but a bit boring. Perhaps because it's in the tourism location, so the price is a bit higher, USD 17. The dishes of others looked fine. I should have just ordered fish and chips or burger, which might be better.

The deco is great tho.