“I feel the quality has gone down hill, with the new owners!”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #113 of 2,148 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2018

The food wasn't as good as it used to be. If we go again I'm choosing something else. Perhaps just a big bucket of eat and peel shrimp as you can't mess that up too bad. The blackened fish we ordered wasn't really "blackened" like it should have been. The broccoli was over cooked. The apple crumbled dessert we ordered was MUSHY and not a nice dry crumble like it should have been.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

While staying at a nearby hotel, I opted for this restaurant since it was raining and it was close by. Having attended a trade show all day, I was hungry, tired and just wanted to sit. The outside appearance was certainly inviting and friendly so i went in. Since I was alone, I decided to eat at the bar since it was fairly open and I just wanted basic food and service. Upon reviewing the drink menu, it was was corporate and lacking in much quality or choice. Beers were also the basic standard offerings. What greatly disappointed me was the actual food quality. I am not high maintenance and will sometimes enjoy basic fried foods, burgers, etc. Upon ordering a chicken finger appetizer, it had a very rubbery and flavorless texture served oon top limp, oily and undercooked french fries...not good! I should known to stop right there, but it was raining outside. So, I ended up ordering the chicken soft taco's as a main meal. Once again, it was the same rubbery and flavorless texture served with basic nacho chips. Again, it just wasn't good! The day before, I ate at a local higher-end mexican restaurant and enjoyed their soft taco plate which was fresh, house-made and simply excellent for the same $12 price. I was hoping for something similar and it wasn't even close. I will give most places the benefit of a doubt, however, it is really hard to ruin such basic foods as chicken fingers, french fries or soft tacos and Joe's seems to do that well!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Joe's Crab Shack is an excellent place to get all kinds of delicious seafood. The crab is exceptionally good.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Fun choices of food. Young energetic staff. Great location on the river in Old Sacramento - lots to do within walking distance. Easy parking in multi-level garage - Joe's Crab Shack will validate your parking ticket.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Right on the river in Old Town Sacramento. Great crab dip with tortilla chips. First rate Caesar salad featuring crisp lettuce, grilled shrimp and plenty of very good Caesar dressing. Good, friendly service and a good variety of cold beers and wine.