All reviewsholiday innpanda expresshotel restaurantcheck in was quickwould stay here againquiet roomking roomfront desk stafflobby areaair conditionerfitness centerarborfreewayrosevilleseminarmattresslaptop
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I usually love staying at Crowne Plaza hotels. This one was absolutely disgusting. The first room I checked into smelled like mold and must. I asked to change my room and the next room smelled just as awful. It also smelled like the hotel tried to hide the smell with some sort of cheap deodorizer. The toilet bowl had a huge chip, the tub had a big cigarette burn, and the rugs in the room were filthy. In addition to this, the hallways and main lobby smelled like a urinal deodorizer. It made me depressed to be there- I checked out and went to a brand new Holiday Inn Express which was wonderful. This Crowne Plaza hotel should make plans to come up to par with other Crowne Plaza hotels.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Amseid315
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Hello Amseid315,

Your comments are important to us and we are grateful for your visit. I appreciate you choosing Crowne Plaza time and again.

I recognize that the upkeep of the room and common areas did not meet your expectations and I'm sorry this negatively affected your experience with us. I'd like an opportunity to look into this further and I sent you a direct message to obtain additional detail. I will also share your views with hotel management to enable them to address housekeeping internally.

We are hopeful that you will give us another chance to win back your trust!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I’m really not into paying a lot for a hotel room when I’m on the road. I just want a clean, quiet room and I don’t need all the foo foo amenities. This place has all I need at an affordable price. They DO NOT offer free breakfast since there is an attached restaurant. They do offer a breakfast buffet for $17.00 on week days. No breakfast, even an all you can eat breakfast buffet, should be $17.00 per person. Who would actually pay that? So in summation, room good, breakfast bad.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
pchand, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Crowne Plaza SACRAMENTO NORTHEAST.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay.

I am very sorry to hear regarding your disappointment that breakfast is 17.00. We are unlike other limited service property we don't had breakfast price to our room rate. We give guests choice to have breakfast if they please to.

We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at or pchand@cpsac.com.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

So I had to do a split week for a work visit. In the work week, I spent a Monday, Wednesday and Thursday night at this hotel. I had two classes - Monday - Tuesday; Thursday - Friday. I decided to drive down Monday morning and attend my class and then check in to the hotel. When I approached the desk to ask when the check in time was, the woman at the desk (Sharika?) was rude and looked down her nose to me to say "3 o' clock". When it came time for me to check in, I gave my name and the same woman realized my status level was quite high and gushed all over me. She was so impressed with my status and wanted to make sure I got everything I was supposed to get...blah blah blah. I was disappointed she did not treat me the same way when I just asked a question as apposed to looking at my status. Not very professional in my thoughts.
My first room was on the 5th floor. It was very nice, clean and appropriate. The rooms, however do not have a microwave but do have a small refrigerator and coffee maker.
Do not stay on the East side of the building as the road noise is terrible. If you do, bring ear plugs.
When I checked in on Wednesday afternoon, there was a different check in person and she was very polite. I however was on the 3rd floor. What a difference the 2 floors made. This room (328) had peeling wallpaper, carpet seemed a little dirty and not to the same quality as the room on the 5th floor. What is up with that?
The fitness rooms was nice - plenty of cardio equipment and some free weights. The pool and spa were really nice in a separate courtyard.
The restaurant on site will be discussed under another review.

Room Tip: Stay away from Highway 80 - it is LOUD
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Cazzintexas
pchand, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear guests,

Location being right by freeway we faced issues with noise therefore we have ear plug available. We are having wallpaper issues and we are repairing those as needed.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights. This was the best option since it was closest to where i had to be. Expecting that for $100 a night hotel would be suitable for just needing a place to sleep.

First bad encounter was when i checked in, i had to walk pretty far from the entrance. Now if you are reading this and thinking im just complaining on a petty thing like walking just hear me out. So after i get to my room, i had 2 room keys. Both of them didnt work. So i had to walk all the way back to the front desk and tell the same lady that checked me in that the keys didnt work. She tells me oh they somehow got unmagnetized and somehow tried to say i did something to make this happen. I was holding the keys in my hand when i went to the room. Ok no big deal, this happens.

During the night, i noticed that i could hear all the cars driving since this hotel is right next to the busiest highway in the world. The soundproof or more like the lack of it is really terrible. If you are a light sleeper, u would have big issues sleeping with all the car and outside noise.

The next morning, i go out to get some breakfast and come back to my room, the key doesnt work. So yes i had to walk back to the front desk and explain my key is not working. The front desk person apologized which was cool then she told me, next time just use the phone by the elevator and we can get someone to assist you so you dont have to walk all the way back. (She knew that the walk was long)

I leave during the afternoon and head back to my room late around 10pm. Guess what? My keys dont work again. So i use the phone and tell the front desk person that my key doesnt work. They said someone will come up and assist. I waited 25 minutes and no one showed up so guess what... i had to walk back to the front desk. I told the front desk person this was the 3rd time and i even called u guys and waited 25 minutes. He just brushed it off. Then he tells me, did you have the keys next to my phone to cause the demagnetize the room key. Listen, if u work in customer service do not make it seem like the customer did something to not make it work, you just do whatever to get this resolved. Thank god this was my last nite and didnt have to deal with the room key not working.

So obviously this review is my frustration with the hotel room key but lets get into more of the other features of the room.

The actual room size is very very small. You cannot move around and feels really cramped. The bed is like 4ft off the ground so if you are elderly, this is defintely not suitable for people that have trouble getting off and on beds.

The bathroom is cramped since the overall room is small. This maybe the reason why they were able to get alot of rooms at this hotel. The toilet is pretty bad at flushing. Had to flush twice to flush my pee, i couldnt imagine taking a number 2 and trying to flush that. Thank goodness i didnt have to poop.
The shower head water flow was pretty awful, you here those commercials on the radio about “ do u have issues with the water pressure in your home?” Yes crown plaza does, they need a plumber to check their water pressure.

So without the bad negative room key experience, i would honestly rate this hotel a 2 1/2 stars out of 5.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Sung S

Dear WHITNEY JOURDAN,

Reviewed 25 March 2018

The hotel has been recently upgraded. It is better than average, but the location and parking lot left a bit to be desired. My room was nice and the bed was quite comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business