“Mine F💟rever!”

Governors Inn Hotel
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I wanted a place that was comfortable: clean so I didn't feel the need to go back over everything at arrival, firm but soft-top bed, a quiet night's sleep, a strong shower, nice TV picture, a comfy chair to sit in, an effective AC, a place to write or use my Tablet; ✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔!

I needed it to be freeway close, situated near the airport and Downtown Sac, close to dining & cultural activities; ✔✔✔!

I hoped for an easy arrival, a bit of a welcome, a courtesy breakfast that gave me choices and allowed me to be either healthy or indulgent based on my mood, with good coffee and and a pleasant place to sit. ✔✔✔!

I got it ALL at Governors Inn!

The room was IMMACULATE & COMFY. The FANTASTIC STAFF went above and beyond in all ways, with warmth, willingness, and an obvious committment to being helpful in a professional yet approachable manner. Even in little ways, understanding my imperative to get to important meetings and my concern about oversleeping my Tablet alarm, they set the wake-up system to call every 5 minutes until I picked up, to be sure I woke. Genius!

On a short 3 day trip, I prefer not to have to deal with housekeeping after setting out my things, and for the first time in YEARS I was NOT bothered by a knock on the door each morning, but only got a knock 15 minutes before check-out on day 3...BRAVO! It even seemed that they assign rooms in a way that whenever possible there are gaps between occupied rooms to minimize disturbance on less-crowded nights.

I wish every hotel in every city could take a lesson from Governors Inn. Most don't. I am spoiled. Even at night in the well-lit parking lot, I felt safe there, as a woman traveling alone. I didn't have time to use the gym or pool, but they looked nice and wish my schedule had been less hectic so I could have. Next stay will be pleasure rather than business, and I will enjoy both of those!

A hearty Thank You to everyone who made my stay so comfortable and easy. I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd or 3rd floor, on East side. Breakfast ends at 9:30 on weekends, but 9:00 on weekdays!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank SRD7284

Reviewed 8 October 2017

This is the second time we've stayed at Governor's Inn Hotel. There is a shuttle to and from the airport and a shuttle to the downtown train station and convention center. We did not use either of these services this time. It is close to downtown but not within walking distance. Our room was quiet and spacious and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was sparse on protein but adequate. We did see homeless people out back from our window and even a coyote but there were no problems. Easy access to I-5 and Old Sacramento. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I had good memories of my stay here a year and a half ago. So when I found myself needing lodging in Sacramento again, I chose this hotel based on the experience I had before,the free airport transportation, and the reasonable price for the area. The room was clean and the breakfast selection was good, keeping in mind this is a continental breakfast. I was disappointed by the workout room as the single treadmill was broken. I got the front desk and maintenance in to help me and they verified it was non-functioning. Also, the deal breaker on this particular stay was the way the room smelled. It was an overwhelming smell of chlorine bleach which was very noxious and made me feel a bit ill at first. I opened the window and that helped a little. Fortunately my two daughters were suffering with colds and could not smell anything. Lucky for them! I did not complain about the room smell even though I wanted too. The front desk, while professional, does not give out warm and friendly vibes; I felt I would rather suffer with the smell than deal with their reaction when I told them the room smelled like bleach. I am pretty sure I would have gotten the crazy old lady treatment. Despite the issues I had on this visit, I might stay here again with the hope that the smell issue was a one time thing.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2017

The breakfast is not very healthy but they did have a bit of fresh fruit. The parking is sufficient and free the location is convenient. There were only fast food restaurants within walking distance they did have room service.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Solo traveler--Sacramento was a new destination. After a bad experience in Denver I was a bit leary of reserving on-line-sight unseen. Hotel arranged to pick me up from train station, greeted me respectively but warmly as I entered the hotel. This is an old hotel that has been maintained as a classic. Lounge area was spacious and comfortable, Room was outstanding from the bed, couch, desk, TV, bathroom, shower---all impecable. Even toilet paper AND kleenex folded like a peacock! Carpets immaculate. Only suggestion would be a set of smaller pillows--the FOUR offered were much too thick. And, the shower adjustment was difficult--either too hot or too cold---but it was quiet and comfortable and I would stay here EVERY time I visit Sacramento. Staff was outstanding! Nice breakfast--not fancy and could be improved with eggs, etc. but Bessie the hostess was right there assisting, clearing your table, getting coffee---GREAT SERVICE! Next morning--they drove me to the airport! WOW, such a wonderful change--felt like a Queen! This is truly a hidden gem in Sacramento!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family