Free cancellation until 27/07
US$70
Best Western Sandman Motel(Sacramento)(Great Value!)
US$89
Agoda.com
US$114
US$111
Agoda.com
All reviewsplantation shutterscontinental breakfastyogurtacross the streetroom was largehomeless peopleclose to downtownold towntv channelsgas stationwaffle makerfree shuttleeasy accessparking lotwill stay there againmini fridgemake your own waffles
Reviewed 8 October 2017

This is the second time we've stayed at Governor's Inn Hotel. There is a shuttle to and from the airport and a shuttle to the downtown train station and convention center. We did not use either of these services this time. It is close to downtown but not within walking distance. Our room was quiet and spacious and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was sparse on protein but adequate. We did see homeless people out back from our window and even a coyote but there were no problems. Easy access to I-5 and Old Sacramento. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I had good memories of my stay here a year and a half ago. So when I found myself needing lodging in Sacramento again, I chose this hotel based on the experience I had before,the free airport transportation, and the reasonable price for the area. The room was clean and the breakfast selection was good, keeping in mind this is a continental breakfast. I was disappointed by the workout room as the single treadmill was broken. I got the front desk and maintenance in to help me and they verified it was non-functioning. Also, the deal breaker on this particular stay was the way the room smelled. It was an overwhelming smell of chlorine bleach which was very noxious and made me feel a bit ill at first. I opened the window and that helped a little. Fortunately my two daughters were suffering with colds and could not smell anything. Lucky for them! I did not complain about the room smell even though I wanted too. The front desk, while professional, does not give out warm and friendly vibes; I felt I would rather suffer with the smell than deal with their reaction when I told them the room smelled like bleach. I am pretty sure I would have gotten the crazy old lady treatment. Despite the issues I had on this visit, I might stay here again with the hope that the smell issue was a one time thing.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2017

The breakfast is not very healthy but they did have a bit of fresh fruit. The parking is sufficient and free the location is convenient. There were only fast food restaurants within walking distance they did have room service.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Solo traveler--Sacramento was a new destination. After a bad experience in Denver I was a bit leary of reserving on-line-sight unseen. Hotel arranged to pick me up from train station, greeted me respectively but warmly as I entered the hotel. This is an old hotel that has been maintained as a classic. Lounge area was spacious and comfortable, Room was outstanding from the bed, couch, desk, TV, bathroom, shower---all impecable. Even toilet paper AND kleenex folded like a peacock! Carpets immaculate. Only suggestion would be a set of smaller pillows--the FOUR offered were much too thick. And, the shower adjustment was difficult--either too hot or too cold---but it was quiet and comfortable and I would stay here EVERY time I visit Sacramento. Staff was outstanding! Nice breakfast--not fancy and could be improved with eggs, etc. but Bessie the hostess was right there assisting, clearing your table, getting coffee---GREAT SERVICE! Next morning--they drove me to the airport! WOW, such a wonderful change--felt like a Queen! This is truly a hidden gem in Sacramento!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Wow...friend told us about this hotel & we are so glad. A super staff made us feel genuinely welcomed. Breakfast had excellent food with first class service by employee name Bessie who offered and made us waffles. We were treated so well that we even told Bessie we will stay here again next trip. A definite gem of a hotel with a spacious/clean room, My husband rated this hotel a 10/10...which is rare for him. (great location/nearby everything)

Room Tip: awesome breakfast / worth every penny
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business