“Outstanding experience”

Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Casual french restaurant, kids friendly (kid menu available).
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Small neighborhood bistro in downtown San Anselmo. Stopped by with my wife and enjoyed a tremendous meal. The tagliatelle with rabbit was just sinfully good, as was the cassoulet. Service was tremendous, with our wait staff friendly, courteous, and prompt.

In case this was a one-off, we stopped by again. This time, both of us craving similar thing - moules frites. And once more, my socks were knocked off. Mussels were tender and succulent - mine the standard Mariniere style with white wine and shallots - my wife's were stunning in a broth of coconut milk and ginger. (Fresh crusty bread kept coming to make sure every drop was mopped up!)

Okay, third try Steak frites... perfect! Fantastically cooked hanger steak in a shallot gastrique, and perfect frites. This followed a fantastic appetizer of seafood cassoulet which was also spot on (if a little small on portion and large on price).

Since then, been back several times. Each visit as good as the last - and we'll be sure to keep coming back.

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Pleasant location in town. I prefer to eat indoors and there is limited seating so reserve if you can. Good food however many of the dishes are a little too salty for my taste. Check it out some night.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

I live within walking distance of L'Appart. We frequent this restaurant and my entire family (wife and four kids) loves it! The chef and staff are amazing and bend over backwards to make sure we have a delicious meal even with our certain dietary restrictions. My kids eat MUSSELS now! That's all I need to say! Enjoy! And you're welcome!

Reviewed 8 June 2015

Came here for a bday lunch mid Saturday afternoon. The day was beautiful and we sat outside. Service was good. We shared a salade Nicoise - fresh and really good tuna. Excellent bread and butter to start. Also ordered the Croque Monsieur sandwich. I have had much better. The bread was odd, and not very well grilled. There was less than 1 ounce of ham in the entire sandwich. Did get a nice bottle of Sancerre for $44. Overall I think that it is good value for lunch.

Reviewed 30 April 2015

Server was impatient, rude and condescending. Wouldn't tell us the price of a bottle of wine until it was opened.
Food was good and Very Expensive. Will not go there again