“Hole-in-the-Wall Sushi Bar”

Add it.
Ichiban Sushi
Ranked #28 of 158 Restaurants in San Bruno
Reviewed 2 March 2017

I have gone by this place hundreds, maybe a thousand times, but it never really registered since I never heard anyone talk about it or give it recognition. My fiancé and I decided to try it out after walking by on a night time stroll. The inside surprised me, because it was bigger than expected and had tables with sunken floors.

The service was sparse at first, and the waitress was rough around the edges. She served me a 7-Up with a straw right from the can- no glass offered. I thought right then and there this was going to be an experience. After the food arrived, the waitress loosened up and actually smiled.

To my surprise, the food was delicious. They had the best gyoza I've ever had, light and crispy. The miso soup was hot and steamy. The crunchy tuna roll, dragon roll, and crunchy Philadelphia roll were all tasty and somewhat addicting. I craved it again later in the week and returned soon after, ordering a similar menu with slight variations, like the addition of edamame. I was content with everything both times, especially when they offered me a glass with my 7-Up the second go-around (maybe as a treat for being a repeat customer)!

1  Thank ELHyman

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Good Variety of Sushi. Very nice wooded interior.
Teriyaki plates and bento boxes as well.
Excellent sushi

Reviewed 28 July 2016

This is a place that has a dedicated group of patrons but also welcomes newbies. The food is good and the atmosphere is casual and friendly. If you are in the neighborhood, definitely check it out.

Thank D. N
Reviewed 2 October 2014 via mobile

The sushi and sashimi is wonderful. Love sitting with the chef at the sushi bar. Exceptional quality and fish from everywhere. Chef takes the time to tell you where the fish is from. Presentation is breath taking. Truly the chefs masterpieces.
It is expensive, but you will not be disappointed. Just love it!!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The place is small but adequate. Service is fast and the tempura as well as the rolls are good . The soup are good too.