“NYC's signature gyro now here!”
Review of The Halal Guys

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Halal Guys
Ranked #443 of 2,455 Restaurants in San Jose
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Ya Mashaallah ya habibi! It's New York City's signature Halal Guys, now branching out to the West Coast! Bismillah! My heart sings like Freddie Mercury because IT IS DIVINE! The tahine sauce and the homemade hot sauce. The gyro. The tender meat. As new residents of San Jose, I hereby proclaim this cafe my regular from now on!

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I went to this place for dinner. It was busy and line was at the door. It went very fast so the wait wasn't too long. The menu isn't much so there shouldn't be any confusions. All of their stuff is good.

I've tried the Combo platter that has the chicken, beef, rice, tomatoes and lettuce with Extra white sauce and red sauce. The food was great and tested very good. The beef had great flavor but the chicken needs a little more season in my opinion. I opted for the extra white sauce and light on the red sauce cause it is VERY spicy. The white sauce is great but I feel still needs a little something. After eating it a while, it starts feeling a little greasy on me but delicious not the less.

I would definitely come back and get more. Also join their rewards system for a free platter after a certain point. I won't turn down a free meal for sure.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

After seeing the lines at the opening of a new shop in San Francisco and reading all the reviews, I felt compelled to visit this place. What I was expecting was some really savory and well marinated meat.

I ordered a chicken sandwich and found it to be bland, almost par-boiled and without any flavor. If it were not for the sauces, the only taste would have been the pita.

Gave it a shot but won't be visiting again

Reviewed 14 December 2016

Would definitely recommend for a quick and tasty Middle Eastern meal! Great quality and quantity, both the chicken and beef are delicious, and the white sauce makes an amazing cover. Red sauce packs quite a punch. I would have rated this 5/5, except the falafel entree was slightly disappointing (and no other vegetarian options).

1  Thank tinaNtravel
Reviewed 6 August 2016

The Halal Guys food is great. They offer gyros and platters using chicken or beef and have a delicious white sauce that you can't get enough of. The hot sauce is VERY hot so use it sparingly or get it on the side. There is always a line out the door and you are served in a style like Subway where you pick what you want as you move along the line. It is a small restaurant and has some seating inside and there are a few tables outside with a small park in the middle of the plaza where you can also eat. I didn't want to eat all the food I got because I was pretty full, but couldn't help it because it was so good! Prepare to wait at least 30 minutes if you see the line out the door.

Been to The Halal Guys? Share your experiences!