“great oasis in SJC”

Downtown Yoga Shala
Ranked #2 of 12 Spas & Wellness in San Jose
Reviewed 4 July 2015

I was visiting for a week and the Downtown Yoga Shala folks were a great find. They were helpful in picking a plan that would save me some money. But more importantly, the three classes I made it to were really excellent. The studio is a pleasant open space with two big frosted skylights. They have a nice selection of different styles of yoga, including yin and mysore, though vinyasa seems to be their main thing. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

So simple on the outside, you only have to walk through the front door to immediately feel such good energy and the warm ambiance of this beautiful space. Practicing yoga in the main studio with its brick walls, tall beams, high ceiling, subtle lighting including natural skylights … just makes the whole experience so soulful. I travel the world and have been to many yoga studios, and this has to be one of the best. I would never have expected this from downtown San Jose. What a gem... The staff and teachers are wonderful, there is a true community spirit, and is very unpretentious. Such a variety of classes, prices are very reasonable, unlimited membership deal is a steal at $99 ($89 if you sign up within the $40-for-30 days Intro period!) for the value you get. I can't say enough good things. Even parking is not bad at all, for a downtown location. Lives up to its name, "sanctuary in the city", and more.

5  Thank MsYogini2014
Reviewed 21 February 2014

It was wonderful to take yoga classes at the Downtown Yoga Shala. Teachers and staff are very friendly. The place is clean. Students are nice and polite. Classes are amazing, they have many styles and levels of difficulty. Prices are very nice too.

6  Thank susanerg
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This yoga place is the only reason I'd consider staying in San Jose when my lease is up. It's an adorable little yoga studio with good teachers and a decent price. I even enjoy my bike ride to the studio. It's in one of the nicest parts of this otherwise brown and strip mall infested city. Walkins are welcome. Credit cards are accepted. Bring your own mat or rent one there.

5  Thank Intrepid_Traveler13
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This is the ONLY place I go for my Yoga! The instructors are great--Amanda is my favorite. I get my "zen on" here!

3  Thank kat2kool