“Awful Management -DO NOT STAY”
Review of Capitol Hill Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Jose
Capitol Hill Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 San Jose B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 April 2011

I recentley stayed at the capital hill inn in San Jose and had a terrible night. I checked in around 8:30pm. Plain and simple story. Around 11:30pm I get a call from the grouchy guy at the front desk
"hey. hey you. in room 206. are you going to go to sleep? Go to sleep. I can hear you walking around back and forth. its bed time for you and for my family to sleep. Except I wasnt tired. I didnt go there to get harassed and told when my bed time was.
This is because they are stupid enough to put new guests in the room DIRECTLY ABOVE the converted living quarters. Firstly I had no guests. No music playing. TV was at low volume. My crime was that I was WALKING around my room. Then I have this old guy calling me and telling me when MY BED TIME was. I have stayed there before and they ALWAYS put people right above where they live. Now they complain about the noise of some one WALKING,NOT partying or having guests but walking. In addition, mattress they have in 206 has a nice big BLOOD STAIN on it. Its a crapy motel in a crap side of town. Spend 20 dollars more and go to one of the nicer hotels , this place isnt worth 61 dollars. The toilet also clogged on me. Sorry for how it sounds but every Indian in the hotel business ive encountered is RUDE.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank geezer41
A TripAdvisor Member
Petaluma, CA
Reviewed 4 June 2003

Over all rating, C-. I wouldn't stay here again. Prior to moving back to California from Seattle I chanced to stay at a motel called the Capitol Park Inn. My stay was a ok, rates were cheap and the room came with cable television and a small fridge. It was clean, non-smoking, and the bed was comfortable. That said, there were quite a few things I disliked about the Inn, and as a result I probably would not engage in any repeat performances. I have detailed the things I did not like about this Inn. Housekeeping came bustlig at my door at a bright and early 8:00 AM in the morning. After a 20 hour trip from Washington the last thing I wanted to do was get up. Since there were no Do Not Disturb placards in the room I had to ask the housekeeper to come back later. Of course, she was none to happy that I asked her to do this and stared at me contemptuously before hastily telling me that her she and her crew would return after cleaning the other rooms. The bathroom was in poor shape. While cleanliness was never a problem, the door to the shower had no latch, rendering it unable to shut. This resulted in a big puddle I had to mop up after my shower in addition to a draft wafting in whenever I couldn't hold the door closed. The toilet paper dispenser kept falling out of the wall, the screws had worn such big holes into the wall that it no longer supported the metal holder. It appeared that this may have been a problem before because there were big patches in the wall that had been plastered and gelled over. The Inn is located on the busy Monterey Highway, as a result, any windows opened that face the highway let in a big roar of traffic sounds. Ask for a room to the rear of the inn if you are a light sleeper. The room was cold and only a single sheet and a flimsy blanket were provided. If you run the heater to warm yourself up, first, open up all the windows, then turn the heater up full blast. Leave the room for about 15 minutes otherwise you'll be choked in dust. Check out is at 10 am, pretty standard. Tntly polite. I saved some money at this inn, and it was comparitively safe given some of the inn's farther north of Monterey Highway and downtown San Jose. Despite its economic advantages, I would recommend passing on this Inn in search for a more comfortable and better taken care of motel.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member