“Good Place To See Current Released Movies in Downtown San Jose”
Review of Camera 12 Cinema

Camera 12 Cinema
Ranked #9 of 32 Fun & Games in San Jose
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Camera 12 is a good movie theater in downtown San Jose area to see recent released movies. We have seen a movie there. There is a snack bar; where we have purchased and enjoyed popcorn with the movie.

We generally go to movie theaters closer to our home due to the cost of parking in downtown San Jose. This movie theater works well for 1) Those who live in downtown San Jose such as those who live in the new high rise condos (like our friends do); 2) for those who go to San Jose State; and 3) for travelers staying at the downtown San Jose Hotels.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Not your typical theater. Which can be a good thing like the Camera theaters such as this.

Located right smack in downtown SJ, this is convenient for locals who can just take the public transportation. For those driving here, that is where some hurdles come about. Of course you have to think of parking, finding free ones, and adding to the cost of your trip if you have to pay for parking.

Being in downtown, space is limited. It's not an open sprawling type of movie theater. The lobby isn't huge and open, and the screens are spread out through several floors that can seem intimidating.

Of course that is merely minor, and the most important thing being the experience of watching a movie. The theaters themselves aren't overly vast and huge which serves for a more intimate and quiet viewing experience---or a worse one if it's mostly filled with noisy folks who have no manners.

So how bout the QUALITY. Theaters have to step up their game because I'm into home theater, so the setup and quality of my media and setup is as good as I can have it to my abilities and wallet. If there is no reason for me to go to the theater except to watch a movie I must see before it hits bluray, the SOUND AND VIDEO should be of movie theater quality. In that aspect, Camera 12 did not disappoint. They use digital projectors to the quality of the film is clean, bright, and sharp. Sound was ok. I know I've heard better, but it could be many things--also being the movie itself that may not have had an aggressive soundtrack.

In conclusion, this isn't a bad theater at all. It certainly is good to go to for movie night. It's just it's not the most convenient location for me.

1  Thank gn116