“Anniversary dinner”

Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

This was the best food ever. It was not inexpensive but worth every penny. Started off with pate, and fruits. Almost too pretty to eat.

Had the salmon light, yet filling..and french onion soup, which was amazing. Husband had duck that was succulent and flavorful without gamey taste.
Creme brulee topped it off
All of this was served at the right temperature and beautifully plated.
If you want romantic, charm, in a place not well known outside of SJC, go here. It was a lovely dinner, service was impeccable.

Any bad reviews must have been an off night.

There are newer reviews for L'Hirondelle Restaurant

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Great food. Great wine selection. Great old-world charm, Great outdoor garden patio with water fountain and trees. And you can play a piano next to the entrance... The waitress was so attentive and friendly. The owner/operator and his family were just great - made us feel at home. Every time I am in the area, I visit them...

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

I have lived in town for 30 years and always wondered about this cute little French restaurant across from the mission, so we finally came for my birthday. We had a really nice time and delicious food. We sat outside in the pretty patio.Our waitress was the owner/operators daughter and her dad was also attentive to all of the customers making us feel welcome, and all the staff were very friendly and efficient. The mushrooms, house salad, beef bourginon and special sea bass were all delectable. Prices and portions were reasonable.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Many nice choices offered; a good representation of French/Belgian cuisine. Especially enjoy the atmosphere for datenight!

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend took me to this French Restaurant for my 66th birthday. We were expecting a really wonderful meal but both of us were dissapointed with our entrees. I had the sweetbreads and Jane the roasted duck. Both entrees were overcooked and dried out. The chicken liver pate appetizer was delicious. I ordered a bowl of pea soup also and it never arrived at the table. I mentioned this to our waitress, when she brought our entrees, and she apologized and immediately brought it to me while deducting the cost from our check. The restaurant wasn't crowded so forgetting my soup and having to ask for more water was the fault of the staff. Finally since it was my birthday a desert with a candle was presented to me. Again a big dissapointment as my birthday cake was some whipped cream and one small quartered strawberry. Not the delicious French pastry I was expecting. I will not be returning to this restaurant again nor will I be recommending it to my friends.

1  Thank Fred B