“Great Service & Comfortable Rooms”

Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed 27 January 2015

I've stayed at this location twice in the past year and have to say that the service is definitely consistent. The rooms are large with full size refrigerators and ovens - all the comforts of home. The staff makes you feel welcome, greeting you with a hello and smile each time you walk by. I will be staying here again next time I visit the San Diego area.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Kris H

Reviewed 22 January 2015

David the chef was so helpful in the mornings, he made sure there was always more food to feed the team. If i forgot my lid he was there. No more eggs? No problem. He was always on top of everything. If there is one person who made an impression it was david the chef.

• Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank Leekan
Reviewed 15 January 2015

My family of five got placed here by our insurance company due to a house fire ... Been here for almost a week and despite what my family and I are going through... I would have to say that the service and hospitality has been great so far.... I'm impressed.... Especially by their food and beverage employee David... He takes pride in his job and he's been great to my teens... He made us feel like were home away from home... Thank you Residence Inn... Mr. Mark Urias

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2015

I hosted a two-day meeting at this property on Nov 5th and 6th, 2014. This is an atypical Residence Inn, with a different layout than most. Awesome lobby area and nice, spacious meeting space.

It was a pleasure to work with Vince Stubbs, Director of Sales. I was a little worried to have my meeting in San Marcos because of the location, but it was perfect and so was the hotel and staff. They went out of their way to ensure my meeting was a success and answered every call for service with a smile. If you are looking for meeting space north of San Diego (I chose this area because SD is sooooo expensive), this property is a great option!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AuburnTiger1996
Reviewed 22 December 2014

We usually stay at a Marriott Residence Inn over the holidays in San Diego, and didn't think we could top last year's stay. Well, the San Marcos location did! Extremely friendly staff that actually seemed to want to be there!! Building is about 4 years old and still in decent shape. Nice rooms and attentive housekeeping. Everything, pool area, rooms and common areas appeared clean and well maintained. The only negative (and I'm nitpicking a bit) is the location, which forces you to drive everywhere. But, in Southern Cal. you pretty much have to drive anyhow. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: They allow dogs, so if this is a problem ask for a room not rented to pet owners!
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris G
Liberty B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2014

Dear Chris G,
Wow! It gives me joy knowing that our team was able to exceed your expectations! Thank you for your kind words. We take great pride in our team, our hotel, and representing the Marriott name.
I am delighted to hear that you found value in our spacious suites and took a liking to our outdoor fire pit/patio area and billiard room. Hopefully you found time to partake in our Evening Socials which offer light hor dourves and complimentary beer and wine. If you did not, I hope you will join us during your upcoming travels!

Warm Regards,

8.2 km away
Best Western Escondido Hotel
8.1 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County

Been to Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos? Share your experiences!