“A+ Staff”

Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Any business is only as good as its employees. The Residence Inn San Marcos has managed to find the cream of the crop. Each staff member we met was as professional, helpful, and nice as the next. Unwavering consistency for the five days we spent with them! They seemed to enjoy what they do, they were happy and pleasant..... it was just such a pleasure! The rooms were nice and clean; any needs were quickly addressed. The breakfast was amazing with good food and a nice assortment of condiments. And the gentleman who maintained the breakfast room was just so pleasant and went out of his way to chat with the guests, make everyone feel welcome and special... he really made us smile! Next time we visit San Marcos, this is definitely where we will be staying!

Room Tip: I found the road noise heard in the room on the second floor front to be unacceptable, although my h...
Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Toby S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Dear Bea L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Residence Inn of San Marcos, Ca.
I am so please to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and the service of my very friendly staff. I will be certain to pass along all of your warm compliments to all of my staff...., they always love to hear from the guests.
We hope to see you back soon...

Sincerely
Toby Simmons

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here a number of times for work. They have a nice outside sitting area with a gas fire pit, a small pool, hot tub and a pool table (a little worn and shows signs it's been used a lot). The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. Are you getting a 5 star hotel experience, well no, that's not what you are paying for. But you do get a clean room, nice bed and decent breakfast. While located right next to a busy street, it did not bother me. Located close to shopping and dinner options in the area. Will come back.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Cathy L, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Dear SigEpGov,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to post this wonderful review about our Residence Inn!

We are thrilled to hear that you loved our location and service. Our staff work hard very day to ensure each guest as a great experience. They will be happy to read your comments.

Warm wishes,

Cathy Ledgard
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 28 February 2017

When you have never been to a place before, it's hard to know what to ask for - here is what I wish i knew - The hotel faces a busy street - Las Posas. Ask for a room facing the other side of the hotel. We had a corner room on Las Posas and Los Vallecitos and it was very noisy and kept me up. I wish I knew that this hotel was very close to both Palomar City College and San Marcos State, in case you are looking at colleges. I wish I knew there was a very large shopping center just down the street - yes you can walk if you want. There are many restaurants but most of them are quick bites like a taco place, sushi, a sourdough bread company, Starbucks, Pei Wei etc and I wish I knew they included breakfast - maybe I didn't see it. I also wish I knew there are no in room movies available. The hotel itself has large rooms in need of sprucing up - the wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom and some paint was chipped on the walls - our door to the bedroom didn't stay open nor could you close the door because the hinge was broken so it kind of slanted the whole door off kilter. The ickiest thing for me was the toilet seat - it was a 3/4 one - very reminiscent of a public bathroom. The beds were fine in comfort and overall the room was large. Personally, I'd prefer to stay somewhere a bit more updated next time.

Room Tip: Room 201 is not a good location. There was some kind of meeting area right under bedroom window...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Cathy L, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear RandRCalifornia,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us at the Residence Inn. I am so sorry to hear about some of our shortcomings during your stay as our goal is to always present a flawless and comfortable room that allows you to stretch out and feel at home.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to San Diego!

Warm wishes,

Cathy Ledgard
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2016

We visiting family and friends during Christmas and reserved two rooms - one a one bedroom suite and the other for our adult children a studio. The staff Sonja and Carl were very helpful. A full breakfast buffet was served dailyeven on Christmas Day, there was a waffle bar, scrambled eggs, toast, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc.

The one bad thing I would say was both our rooms received a letter on Christmas Eve that our rooms would not be cleaned so the hotel can let their staff leave early. This was a bit disappointing that the hotel choose to not pay employees overtime or double time and instead guests had their rooms not cleaned and trash fill up in the rooms. Can you I agi e thestaff had to work twice as hard the following day (at straight pay) to clean the rooms.

Hotel was dog friendly and you could not hear dogs in other rooms. We brought two little dogs and there was plenty of space to walk them.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2016

One star and my reservation was refunded to me by Expedia. As a nice sister, I made a reservation for my brother for Christmas night. He had a long drive to reach Carlsbad and I did not want him driving home at night. Under "special request" I informed them that my brother (and gave his name) would be occupying the room, not me. I suggested to my brother that he stop by the hotel on his way to our home to let them know he would be checking in late. Fine. They took a credit card for incidentals (did they not check names THEN???) because it was too early to check in.
When he returned around 10:30, the front desk would not let him occupy the room. Did they not read or have a copy of my request in their confirmation for me??? Where it stated that HE would be checking in, not me? He said they were rude. Would not call me. And in no way tried to solve the problem. They wanted me to drive over but my brother did not want to inconvenience me (silly him). So he ended up driving 2 hours to get home...just what I wanted to avoid. On my confirmation, it stated no need to confirm. I guess that is not accurate!

Room Tip: If you make a reservation, be sure to call and verify that they have it and any special requests hav...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Toby S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Dear Oregonian61,
I sincerely apologize for the mishap regarding your brother trying to check-in. I will discuss this with my Front Office Staff to find out why this happen. It sounds to me like it could have easily been rectified. I will be discussing this issue so as not to have a recurrence in the future. Thank you for letting me know...

Toby

6.6 km away
Holiday Inn Carlsbad
Holiday Inn Carlsbad
#22 of 36 in Carlsbad

Been to Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos? Share your experiences!