Hampton Inn San Marcos(San Marcos)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$369
TownePlace Suites
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$105
Staybridge Suites Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$294
US$259
Staybridge.com
Holiday Inn Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$209
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsfront deskfull kitcheneasy freeway accessevening receptionyogurtfavorite hotelsitting areafree breakfastminute drivewould stay againbusiness tripdishwasherbilliardslegolandweddinginnshousekeeping
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here a number of times for work. They have a nice outside sitting area with a gas fire pit, a small pool, hot tub and a pool table (a little worn and shows signs it's been used a lot). The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. Are you getting a 5 star hotel experience, well no, that's not what you are paying for. But you do get a clean room, nice bed and decent breakfast. While located right next to a busy street, it did not bother me. Located close to shopping and dinner options in the area. Will come back.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Cathy L, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Dear SigEpGov,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to post this wonderful review about our Residence Inn!

We are thrilled to hear that you loved our location and service. Our staff work hard very day to ensure each guest as a great experience. They will be happy to read your comments.

Warm wishes,

Cathy Ledgard
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 28 February 2017

When you have never been to a place before, it's hard to know what to ask for - here is what I wish i knew - The hotel faces a busy street - Las Posas. Ask for a room facing the other side of the hotel. We had a corner room on Las Posas and Los Vallecitos and it was very noisy and kept me up. I wish I knew that this hotel was very close to both Palomar City College and San Marcos State, in case you are looking at colleges. I wish I knew there was a very large shopping center just down the street - yes you can walk if you want. There are many restaurants but most of them are quick bites like a taco place, sushi, a sourdough bread company, Starbucks, Pei Wei etc and I wish I knew they included breakfast - maybe I didn't see it. I also wish I knew there are no in room movies available. The hotel itself has large rooms in need of sprucing up - the wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom and some paint was chipped on the walls - our door to the bedroom didn't stay open nor could you close the door because the hinge was broken so it kind of slanted the whole door off kilter. The ickiest thing for me was the toilet seat - it was a 3/4 one - very reminiscent of a public bathroom. The beds were fine in comfort and overall the room was large. Personally, I'd prefer to stay somewhere a bit more updated next time.

Room Tip: Room 201 is not a good location. There was some kind of meeting area right under bedroom window - also you are on a busy street corner!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Cathy L, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear RandRCalifornia,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us at the Residence Inn. I am so sorry to hear about some of our shortcomings during your stay as our goal is to always present a flawless and comfortable room that allows you to stretch out and feel at home.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to San Diego!

Warm wishes,

Cathy Ledgard
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2016

We visiting family and friends during Christmas and reserved two rooms - one a one bedroom suite and the other for our adult children a studio. The staff Sonja and Carl were very helpful. A full breakfast buffet was served dailyeven on Christmas Day, there was a waffle bar, scrambled eggs, toast, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc.

The one bad thing I would say was both our rooms received a letter on Christmas Eve that our rooms would not be cleaned so the hotel can let their staff leave early. This was a bit disappointing that the hotel choose to not pay employees overtime or double time and instead guests had their rooms not cleaned and trash fill up in the rooms. Can you I agi e thestaff had to work twice as hard the following day (at straight pay) to clean the rooms.

Hotel was dog friendly and you could not hear dogs in other rooms. We brought two little dogs and there was plenty of space to walk them.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2016

One star and my reservation was refunded to me by Expedia. As a nice sister, I made a reservation for my brother for Christmas night. He had a long drive to reach Carlsbad and I did not want him driving home at night. Under "special request" I informed them that my brother (and gave his name) would be occupying the room, not me. I suggested to my brother that he stop by the hotel on his way to our home to let them know he would be checking in late. Fine. They took a credit card for incidentals (did they not check names THEN???) because it was too early to check in.
When he returned around 10:30, the front desk would not let him occupy the room. Did they not read or have a copy of my request in their confirmation for me??? Where it stated that HE would be checking in, not me? He said they were rude. Would not call me. And in no way tried to solve the problem. They wanted me to drive over but my brother did not want to inconvenience me (silly him). So he ended up driving 2 hours to get home...just what I wanted to avoid. On my confirmation, it stated no need to confirm. I guess that is not accurate!

Room Tip: If you make a reservation, be sure to call and verify that they have it and any special requests have been read.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Toby S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Dear Oregonian61,
I sincerely apologize for the mishap regarding your brother trying to check-in. I will discuss this with my Front Office Staff to find out why this happen. It sounds to me like it could have easily been rectified. I will be discussing this issue so as not to have a recurrence in the future. Thank you for letting me know...

Toby

Reviewed 30 November 2016

This location is near gas stations and drug stores and a huge outdoor shopping mall with lots of restaurants and shops in case you were to run out of anything! We stayed in the 2 bedroom 2 bath suite. There are full kitchens in every unit, with everything that you would need for a "like-home" stay. There are coffee makers and toasters and plates, pots, and pans, utensils etc. There is a dishwasher and microwave as well as a stove. The only thing they do not provide are the groceries... but they do have a grocery shopping service if you need to use it. They have a wonderful free breakfast every morning with any and everything you could want. They have an outdoor pool and a spa. There is Wi-Fi, HD TV, and a door bell... which is always a plus! Always a pleasure!

Room Tip: Every room has a full kitchen and a sofa bed, perfect!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Anitraa P
Toby S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

Dear Anitraa P,
Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn of San Marcos, Ca.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us and found it to be "like-home". This is always what we strive to achieve. We hope to see you back in the near future.
Toby