Hampton Inn San Marcos(San Marcos)(Great Value!)
US$133
Priceline
US$131
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

US$139
US$132
US$89
Staybridge Suites Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$141
Holiday Inn Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$108
All reviewsfront deskfull kitcheneasy freeway accessevening receptionyogurtfree breakfastsitting areaminute drivewould stay againbusiness tripdishwasherbilliardslegolandweddinginnsescondidohousekeeping
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

The suite was a very generous size. I didn't really need all the appliances, but they were all stainless steel and spotless. A perfect spot for a longer stay...dishes, silverware and glasses all were included.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Toby S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Susan S,
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your recent visit to the Residence Inn of San Marcos, Ca. I'm glad that you found the stainless steel appliances to be "spotless". I will be certain to share your comments with my team.
We hope to see you again soon...

Toby

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Good location with easy freeway access, but this brings some noise. Some furnishings have worn edges yet overall is clean and bright. Limited toiletries but front desk will provide body lotion. Good breakfast, loved the Greek yogurt, waffles, with varied syrups and fresh fruit. Evening reception disappointing, more just snacks except for one evening. Small but nice pool area.

Quite far distant from San Diego itself, a good 45 minute drive.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Toby S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear bennybear,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with my team, as well as the ownership group. The evening meals are prepared as mandated by Residence Inn Standard Operating Procedures, but I am pleased to hear that you really enjoyed the breakfast, which is also mandated.
We hope to see you back the next time you are in the area...

Toby

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Any business is only as good as its employees. The Residence Inn San Marcos has managed to find the cream of the crop. Each staff member we met was as professional, helpful, and nice as the next. Unwavering consistency for the five days we spent with them! They seemed to enjoy what they do, they were happy and pleasant..... it was just such a pleasure! The rooms were nice and clean; any needs were quickly addressed. The breakfast was amazing with good food and a nice assortment of condiments. And the gentleman who maintained the breakfast room was just so pleasant and went out of his way to chat with the guests, make everyone feel welcome and special... he really made us smile! Next time we visit San Marcos, this is definitely where we will be staying!

Room Tip: I found the road noise heard in the room on the second floor front to be unacceptable, although my husband slept right through it! The staff was able to make a quick move for us to a quieter room the next morning! No hassle.
Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Toby S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Dear Bea L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Residence Inn of San Marcos, Ca.
I am so please to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and the service of my very friendly staff. I will be certain to pass along all of your warm compliments to all of my staff...., they always love to hear from the guests.
We hope to see you back soon...

Sincerely
Toby Simmons

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here a number of times for work. They have a nice outside sitting area with a gas fire pit, a small pool, hot tub and a pool table (a little worn and shows signs it's been used a lot). The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. Are you getting a 5 star hotel experience, well no, that's not what you are paying for. But you do get a clean room, nice bed and decent breakfast. While located right next to a busy street, it did not bother me. Located close to shopping and dinner options in the area. Will come back.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Cathy L, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Dear SigEpGov,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to post this wonderful review about our Residence Inn!

We are thrilled to hear that you loved our location and service. Our staff work hard very day to ensure each guest as a great experience. They will be happy to read your comments.

Warm wishes,

Cathy Ledgard
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 28 February 2017

When you have never been to a place before, it's hard to know what to ask for - here is what I wish i knew - The hotel faces a busy street - Las Posas. Ask for a room facing the other side of the hotel. We had a corner room on Las Posas and Los Vallecitos and it was very noisy and kept me up. I wish I knew that this hotel was very close to both Palomar City College and San Marcos State, in case you are looking at colleges. I wish I knew there was a very large shopping center just down the street - yes you can walk if you want. There are many restaurants but most of them are quick bites like a taco place, sushi, a sourdough bread company, Starbucks, Pei Wei etc and I wish I knew they included breakfast - maybe I didn't see it. I also wish I knew there are no in room movies available. The hotel itself has large rooms in need of sprucing up - the wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom and some paint was chipped on the walls - our door to the bedroom didn't stay open nor could you close the door because the hinge was broken so it kind of slanted the whole door off kilter. The ickiest thing for me was the toilet seat - it was a 3/4 one - very reminiscent of a public bathroom. The beds were fine in comfort and overall the room was large. Personally, I'd prefer to stay somewhere a bit more updated next time.

Room Tip: Room 201 is not a good location. There was some kind of meeting area right under bedroom window - also you are on a busy street corner!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Cathy L, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear RandRCalifornia,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us at the Residence Inn. I am so sorry to hear about some of our shortcomings during your stay as our goal is to always present a flawless and comfortable room that allows you to stretch out and feel at home.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to San Diego!

Warm wishes,