“Best place for fish”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2017

My wife and I have been a customer of this location for several years and although we do not dine it their restaurant, we do buy their products on a regular basis. We do love their lobsters, crab cakes but above all their New England Clam Chowder: this soup is a must if you like clam chowders.
Great selection of fresh and/or previously frozen fish; anybody can sure find something they like.
Worth a side trip to stock up for BBQs.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I love fish and this place has quite a large menu selection. I'm sorry their Carlsbad location closed. Their fish is always fresh and the sides are delicious. There's also a fresh fish market if you want to just buy and take it home. Don't miss out on their sourdough bread

Reviewed 11 June 2017

We visited this restaurant based on the Tripadvisor rating and it's proximity to our vacation rental.
Our server was not very good. She messed up the order, so while the others in our group were eating, I was waiting for my fish to be cooked. I had the Ahi and it was the worst cut of Ahi I ever had. It had a stringy texture that I couldn't cut with a knife. The potatoes were great though. My husband had the Monchong and was not impressed. The bread was hard too. Perhaps we were there on a bad day?

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Everything I had here was good, the clam chowder and the combination fish kabob were very good, as was the service. However, the Fresh Oyster Rellano, which is an appetizer of green chillis stuffed with fresh oysters and smothered in Monterey Jack Cheese was world class. Among the best appetizers I've ever had. I wanted to order another one. Seriously. Don't miss this place if it's just for that dish.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I have been eating the best fresh fish at The Fish House for 30 years and it is still the best. The yellowtail is local or from Mexico and is fantastic. They will cook it medium rare if you request it. The oysters are always good, never had a bad one. The smoked albacore is wonderful. I wish I could duplicate their tartar sauce.