“No air conditioning”

Central Park Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Central Park Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 432 Restaurants in San Mateo
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ellsworth Street
Description: Central Park Bistro is a 100 seat contemporary restaurant in downtown San Mateo featuring fresh seasonal American cuisine, in the $15-$26 range. We offer a carefully chosen eclectic Wine Spectator award-winning wine list. Central Park Bistro is an affordable sophisticated, fun dining experience. Relax and unwind with a house specialty cocktail at our wonderful Martini Bar. We also have several intimate private dining rooms perfect for that corporate presentation business meeting, wedding rehearsal dinner, retirement/anniversary dinner, or any special function you may have in mind. Check out our private wine cellar room which seats up to 8 people for that extra special dining experience.
Reviewed 22 June 2017

We made reservations for dinner on a day when it was in the 90's in San Mateo. We knew we were in trouble when we drove up to the restaurant, and the doors and windows were open. The fire in the oven was blazing and it was nice and toasty in the restaurant. One of the waiters said the air-conditioner was not working well. We told them we could not stay, for fear of melting.
Get your air-conditioner fixed because you have a great menu and we want to experience your restaurant!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

The Alaskan, farm-raised salmon was flavorful and was accompanied by lightly grilled vegetables and a fresh salad. My date had the same meal. We finished the whole meal.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

The food was excellent but felt a bit rushed. It was Mother's Day and they were busy but not an excuse for not even offering coffee after our meal.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

I have dined here a few times previously. The place had more hustle & bustle than my previous visits. There were around 30 people at the bar enjoying happy hour; and they all looked happy.
I was here for a hosted medical meeting last evening. We were given a private dining room in the back by their wine cellar. The food was very good. I had a type of tomato soup that was very tasty. My salmon entree had that wild taste and was prepared well. Waiters were courteous and very attentive. They came around often to refill our wine and water.
I initially had their chosen chardonnay. It drank down like a chablis or sauvignon blanc. I then switched to their hosted cabernet which was very good.
My overall rating on this occasion was 4.5.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

We had an excellent meal here one Saturday evening. The food (and the wait staff) were authentically French, the dishes (tornedos rossini, lamb, steak frites) were perfectly cooked and presented, and the service was efficient and friendly. Advisable to book as all the tables were taken when we were there.