“My favorite taqueria in the San Mateo area”

Pancho Villa Taqueria
Ranked #2 of 432 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Everything is delicious and freshly made to order with deep flavors and tender meat choices. My 3 favorites are: 1) Chile Verde burrito 2) Fish Taco 3) Shrimp taco. The full plates are excellent but the portions are big so bring your appetite. The staff is friendly and the salsa bar has a great selection. This is my favorite taqueria in the San Mateo area.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

I love Pancho Villas' food, but I was greatly disapointed in todays service, and my last. Today I ordered a torta with refried beans, and wanted avocado added. I was number 24, and after 1/2 hour wait, and noticed that they were calling 27 and number 29, I spoke up and asked for my torta. I then saw my torta, for in service instead of take out like I told them. Got to work late, and no avocado, no beans, cold as heck!! I know they take in a number of large orders, but I would suggest they have certain people working on that, and the rest taking care of the people that walk in, not that they were all working on the large orders. My $6.00, with my melon drink was petty, but it shouldn't be just about the money. And, this is not the first time I get an incomplete order...

Reviewed 31 January 2018

I am not the biggest fan of Mexican food but this time I was delighted. Still remember the taste of beef fajitas and prawn tacos. Excellent food, great service, wide variety of choices in the menu (you cannot go wrong with this one). Tortillas come always warm and soft to your table with traditional accompaniments. In addition, Pancho Villa Taqueria has very convenient location in Downtown San Mateo. Without a doubt, they serve the best Mexican meals in the city.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

B Street in SM has many good fares and Pancho Villa is definitely one of the stalwarts. Nothing too complicated—good Mexican food, and everyone knows it.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

abundant portions good taste friendly staff cafeteria style and always very busy because it is that good