US$249
GardenInn.com
Best Western Coyote Point Inn(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
US$180
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$204/night.

US$166
ExtendedStay
Los Prados Hotel(San Mateo)
US$110
US$149
Hotels.com
US$159
All reviewsfront desksan franciscodidn't hear a thingother hotelsbusiness tripbedroom suiterooms are largeonsite restauranteasy accessfree parkingairport shuttlelobby areaminute driveclean hotelupon checkcoyote pointsfo
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

After reading lots of reviews on this hotel i hoped for the best. Mixed review here. Front desk staff was very rude and lacked customer service. Said they had no rooms available to check in early and to come back at 3:00 when check in starts. We asked if anything would come available sooner? She said try 2:00 then said maybe 1:00. She then took our names and she pre assigned us rooms and they weren’t ready. Once again we asked if any rooms were ready. She called housekeeping and come to find out they had rooms. 1st problem solved. It was 11:30 am.
Hotel does have a unique odor to it. Not sure it was “pot”. Seems just a mildew moldy smell.
Room was large. Mostly clean. Not too sure about bed linens. Maybe pillow cases were clean. Don’t think top sheet was. Had stains. Hoping for the best.
I personally would not book and stay in this hotel again but it was booked for me by my company so will make best of it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Hi Rebajetgirl,

Thank you for staying with us. While I am pleased to read from your review that you liked the size of the room, I am sorry to see that your check-in experience and bed cleanliness were not at par with our usual high standards.

We strive to provide our guests with exceptional service, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Our managers have been informed of your feedback and have reinforced training to our front office staff and housekeeping team. Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. We value you as guest and hope you grant us another opportunity to show you our true levels of hospitality.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Hotels in the Bay Area tend to be rather expensive, so booked the Holiday Inn, San Mateo for 6 nights, since it was relatively moderately priced, in close proximity to my business destinations, and just of I-101. The hotel consists of several separate, 4 storey buildings, with ample parking. I was assigned to building 4, but my room, although clean and spacious, faced the freeway so was a bit noisy. The consolation there was the bed, which was large and very comfortable.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2018

I was in town for 3 days for work and needed to find a hotel close to my meetings in Sunnyvale, Mountain View and San Francisco and with the maximum rate to be paid by my company. This property did a good job of providing me the location needs at the right rates ($199 per night) and it is close to SFO. While this is not a hotel I would normally stay at for personal travel or business travel (my typical options are Hilton and Marriott hotels for work), I was satisfied with this stay. There is a small no-frills restaurant on the property good for breakfast or dinner a cold beer at the bar. Tip" Ask for building 1. The rooms in the other buildings are not as nice.

Room Tip: Building 1
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Hi jupiterman3000,

I appreciate you for staying at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO and for giving us your thoughts about your recent visit.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. Good to know that our location worked well for you and I understand that our value for pricing met your expectations. I've shared your compliments with the team and have been acknowledged by the hotel management.

We are excited about your next review and stay with us because we can't wait to hear from you, jupiterman3000!

All the best,

Peter J.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

From the lobby to the room to the restaurant it stinks like pot. We stayed as a family 1 night due to a flight delay. The bar and food was ok at best. I would not stay here again. The best part was our shuttle driver who was awesome. I would not bring my family here again. This place is not for me.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hi MichelleandJeff L,

Hello from IHG! Thank you for your candid review. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the general upkeep of our facility. I'm sorry for the letdown. Our team will look into the matter and address it accordingly.

We hope to have the honor of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Again, thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites!

Warm Regards,

Ronald R.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Nothing wrong with the room. Everything wrong with the restaurant. ALL of the hired help speak with such heavy accents that I actually could not understand them. When they weren't speaking to customers, they were speaking in another language. (Maybe they should be practticing their English.)

The service was really atrocious. In the morning I ordered french toast. (Wish they had a buffet included with the room.) There were no orders in before mine but it took absolutely forever. It took so long that after a long wait they asked if I'd like a piece of bread "while I waited." Sure. Toasted. That took so long that it came out with the french toast. (Kind of missed the point.) Others who came in later were finishing as I was being served.

To compensate, they did discount my breakfast. It was the right thing to do but certainly could not make things right.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hi jazzfan65,

Hello from IHG! Thank you for your candid review. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts about your dining experience and the quality of service received. I'm sorry for the letdown. I have forwarded your genuine observations to the hotel management for review for needed improvements in our service as we continuously strive to improve the quality of service and accommodations we offer to our guests.

It's good to know that you gave a stellar rating of 5 stars for our area of rooms and location.

Again, thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites !

Warm Regards,