“Good Indian Buffet”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lootens Pl
Description: Taj of Marin is a family owned and operated Indian restaurant providing authentic and delicious Indian food at a great price. Our upscale, family-friendly atmosphere is perfect for enjoying the most exquisite Indian cuisine available in the North Bay area. Adorned with traditional Indian artwork and decor, every aspect of Taj of Marin is truly authentic.
Reviewed 30 March 2017

If you like Indian food you can't go wrong at Taj of Marin. They provide a very extensive buffet for lunch and dinner . I find lunch is best for everything is very fresh and just made. The cost is around $10 per person. You cannot order a la carte. The food is very authentic and quite varied. Both North and South Indian cuisine. They even have gluten-free naan.

Kulbir K, Owner at Taj of Marin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Hey, Michael! Thanks for taking a quick sec to leave such kind words about our buffet -- glad to know you've always had a good time when you've come out. Hope to welcome you back in soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

If you're craving Indian food, you must try Taj of Marin on 4th Street in San Rafael. Their lunch buffet, at $10.95, is a superb value (same offered at dinner, $16.95). The selections were plentiful, all beautifully displayed and constantly tended. Everything from salads to veggie dishes, potatoes to rice, tandoori chicken, fish, lamb, Indian pickles, chutneys, breads, soup, rice pudding and Masala chai tea. The tandoori chicken was sublime. Loved the Indian mashed potatoes, the chef's vegetables, the assorted pickles. Finish with creamy, cool rice pudding and hot Masala chai tea. Service was great. Warm Indian bread and ice cold water served at your table. Lovely, comfortable, clean place with cheerful yellow walls and tasteful decor. Highly recommend.

Kulbir K, Owner at Taj of Marin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Thank you so much for this glowing recommendation! I'm thrilled you've had a chance to try so many dishes off the buffet -- the tandoori chicken is definitely one of my favorites, too. I hope we'll see you again soon for another meal! Until then, take care.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Spent the morning bird watching at Point Reyes Station. On the way back to my hotel, I had a taste for Quiznos. Then my taste swung to Indian food. I GPS'd and found a few choices in San Rafael. I worked up an appetite, so a buffet was perfect. They have a great vegetarian and gluten free selections to you choose from. The price point was in the low teens.

Kulbir K, Owner at Taj of Marin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

I'm glad your craving brought you to us, Miguel! Thanks for stopping in and enjoying the buffet -- it sounds like you loved everything, which is what I like to hear. I hope we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 October 2016

I went with a large group to the Taj of Marin in San Rafael. Whenever i hear the word "buffet" I am likely to think of low quality food. his was definitely NOT the case with the Taj. Service was prompt, friendly and with our huge group of 25 they were very accommodating. While Indian Food is not one of my favorite foods, I must say there were many of the dishes I enjoyed. The Hot Chair Tea, included with the meal, the warm Naan bread was delightful. Many vegetarian dishes were available. I loved the vegetable Prokura, Chicken Maharaja, Rice Pudding, Roasted Cauliflower. There was Mango ice-cream, but I was too full. Many rice dishes are available as well as soups. Can't beat the price of $10.95!

Kulbir K, Owner at Taj of Marin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

We had a blast serving your group! Thanks so much for coming to us. It makes my day reading how impressed you were with our food and service, and I hope you'll come back soon for some more of the Veggie Prokura or Chicken Maharaja. Until then, take care!

Reviewed 20 June 2016

$10.95 buffet with a good selection of dishes. Lots of gluten-free dishes including gluten-free naan bread. Tasty curries and classic dishes such as idli and sambar. Take out also available.

Kulbir K, Owner at Taj of Marin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the curries and naan, Will! You can't go wrong with that combo. Thanks for coming by and leaving us some love!

Hope to see you soon,