“Fantastic Indian Food”

Naan N Curry
Ranked #86 of 246 Restaurants in San Rafael
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 18 August 2016

One of my favorite local restaurants and the best Indian food in Marin, IMO. They make what I think it really authentic Indian food, much like I had when I visited there. I especially like the curries and the okra dishes. There is a nice outdoor seating area and the staff is friendly and professional.

1  Thank Craig T

Reviewed 26 July 2016

This place could do so much more business just by dressing up the decor. So plane. Food is excellent. Couple of the workers are so nice to talk to. A couple are grumpy and kind of turn you off. Cannot fault the food. Menu is small but doable. Sauces are good.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

We love this place. Food is tasty. Well prepared and the service is always friendly. You've got to try the Tikka Masala prawns with the Paneer Naan.

Reviewed 1 January 2016

As a Brit living in California a good curry is high up on my wish list.

My husband and I have tried recommendations from friends but nothing seemed to match the great flavors you get from a decent British curry house. We tried restaurants in San Rafael, Sausalito and just about anywhere in Marin! But, nothing tasted authentic!

I noticed Naan N Curry had opened a small restaurant in San Rafael and this is the one curry house my Indian friend in the city recommended (I just hadn't had time to visit the SF branch yet). We were very surprised and happy with the outcome - I'd highly recommend them.

Firstly there's one dish I love but can never find here with my combination of meat and sauce and that's a Jalfrezi. I noticed they had Chicken and beef so I asked if they could make a shrimp Jalfrezi and it was honestly the best curry I've had on the West Coast since moving here. We also tried the chicken achar and traditional lamb curry - ALL were awesome! Naan was great too and so was pilau rice.

I did notice on a review that someone wrote 'it's greasy' - don't be put off by this as there's a completely acceptable explanation. You kind of need that 'grease' to get the good flavor - its also NOT grease but ghee (Indian clarified butter) so you can always ask for a 'ghee free' curry. If you do order something and find a 'layer' then all you need to do is let the curry settle and then with a spoon scoop off the top layer of ghee and your delicious curry is below and not oily. It's something every curry house in the UK does - it's not a bad things as it adds flavor and is easily removable!

I felt terrible as I was so excited to pick up my food I forgot to tip them. The gentlemen working there were really kind and helpful. If you love Indian food please pay them a visit.

p.s. Very reasonably priced too!

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

I discovered this place when I was looking for some good dinner options for delivery. I was, at the time, not a huge fan of Indian food but decided to give it another try - and I loved it!