Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
US$182
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Marin Lodge(San Rafael)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$142
Motel 6 San Rafael(San Rafael)
US$82
Motel 6
US$110
US$107
US$74
US$189
Marin Suites Hotel(Corte Madera)
US$149
Official Website
US$164
US$159
BestWestern.com
Panama Hotel(San Rafael)
All reviewsbreakfast buffetnorthgate mallfree bottled waterwine countrymarin countyflat screen tvnorth of san franciscowater pressureconvenient locationpool and hot tubthe golden gate bridgeglass of winemuir woodslarkspur ferryfreewaypropertiessfo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I absolutely love this hotel and would recommend to anyone! this was my first time in the San Rafael area and couldn't be more happy with my choice of hotel. They accommodated me 100% on literally everything!! I was unhappy with my first two rooms,but after the third it was perfect and with each move they made sure i was satisfied! the dining is OK if you eat lunch or dinner there be sure to try the truffle fries. This hotel sits right at top of a hill where it gives you the best view of the city below. Safeway, Walgreens a Thai Restaurant (poor service and food is just ok) , but all of these listed are within walking distance right across a little street. Bjs, panera bread, panda express and tmobile is 1min away. Nice location and entrance and lobby is perfect. Check in is fast smooth and easy as well as check out!

Room Tip: get a mountain and pool view room or a mountain view room or just a pool view room both are gorgeous !
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shekia M
Pat S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

What a great way to start the day! I love hearing from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to share your "first time" experience at the hotel. It was nice to hear that the Staff accommodated you, that check-in was quick and smooth and that you enjoyed the fabulous view. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

I travelled with my mother. We had originally booked in San Francisco but changed our plans to be outside the city. This was our first visit to San Rafael. This hotel is in a great location to discover Marin County & Sonoma/Napa. We were within 30 mins to most places including the coast and about 20 mins to the ferry terminal. The hotel pricing was very reasonable and well worth the money.

During our stay there was a big power outage. The hotel staff, and in particular, the Manager (David) made sure we were kept informed and made our stay as enjoyable as it could be given the unforeseen circumstances.

We will miss the rolling hills but will be back for sure!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Pat S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us and even more pleased to read your great comments about the hotel and the Staff...so thank you! The power outage wasn't anything one would expect, however, the Staff come together and did everything we could to ensure our guests were taken care of and informed.
We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

If you are looking to visit the Bay Area and plan to see a lot of the area sights you should consider Four Points by Sheraton in San Rafael. Close enough to ease into San Francisco and all the iconic sights there as well as being a great starting point for exploring the wine country. The staff is super friendly and accommodating and they offer a wonderful breakfast buffet. The rooms are very comfortable, with small fridge, flat screen TV/cable, coffee maker and a handy in room safe. Highly recommended!

Stayed: November 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. It was nice to hear that you felt that our location put you in the center of it all and that you found the Staff Friendly and Accommodating. Reading your comment about the Breakfast Buffet is music to the Chef's ears...thank you!
We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back our way!

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Ok hotel with ok location. Rooms are nice . Stayed there and needed a rather late check out and was told to pay for a full night. Don’t expect too much flexibility here. They prob don’t need it. Would go back because the hardware is nice

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Pat S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. I certainly apologize that you felt that we were not flexible relative to your request regarding a late check-out. We do try our best to accommodate requests such as yours and depending on the time requested and our occupancy levels for that day, we grant late check -outs. Typically late check-outs requests are extended for 1-2 hours after our normal check out time of twelve noon. If the request is for more than that or later in the afternoon, a response that an additional night or a day rate will apply is shared with the guest. Not knowing the check-out time you requested, I am assuming it was late afternoon or early evening and we would not have housekeeping staff to clean the room and thus you were told that it would cost you an additional night. I do appreciate your feedback and hope that I have better explained our position. I am happy to hear that you would return. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

This hotel and staff gave me the worst travel experience I had in a year. Just for some reference I have had 44 flights and 68 hotel room book in the last 365 day alone. I DO understand bad thing can happen when you travel but I must say the Sheraton San Rafael is the worst of all experiences I can actually remember ever.

Water leaking in the kitchen/restaurant area (gross), false fire alarm due to building damage going off with strobe light for over 3 hours because their technicians could not shut off (midnight to 3am or so), apathetic manager (David) who couldn't care less about this work and the list goes on....seriously.

I hate to complain and I hardly ever do but I honestly want to warn other about this rat hole so they don't go through what I did.

Sheraton San Rafael is terrible and on a side note I actually love Sheratons. I stay at them all the time. THIS IS NOT A REALSHERATON!

Room Tip: Don't go here
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank russrichardsun
Pat S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

I certainly apologize that our life safety system woke you and that due to the issue at hand, we were unable to reset the system properly until it was clearled by the Fire Chief and the technician was able to assess and find the cause. The safety and security of our guests is paramount and this was an unfortunate situation, no doubt. One that normally does not occur. My understanding is that you spoke with staff and that you were compensated, perhaps not to your full liking, but you were compensated.