“A Refreshing Experience”

Firehouse 37
Ranked #50 of 160 Restaurants in San Ramon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure to have lunch at Firehouse 37 while visiting San Ramon. The decor was obviously themed with a firehouse and/or a fire department in mind. Tastefully done. The establishment was roomy and equipped with plenty of flat panel televisions as any sports bar should be. It should also be noted that the washroom was clean, as was the rest of the bar. The staff were attentive, friendly and professional.

Overall the food was pretty good. The menu has a great selection of standard pub fare including a variety of pizzas. I had the Hawaiian pizza which was obviously made from scratch. It was tasty and fresh out of the oven.

The beer selection was impressive - lots of craft brews to choose from. All in all, I would return next time I am in town. I would say the prices are reasonable and standard for the area.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Arrived Sunday evening around 7pm and sat at the bar. Very quiet evening staff more focused on cleaning up. Zero bar atmosphere and zero I felt like a ghost.

Ordered the turkey burger with fries and a local IPA. Food finally turned up. Burger and Fries were cold. Clearly it had been sitting 10 + minutes somewhere. It actually got dumped in front of me by a server and I'm sitting there wondering if I'm going to some something to eat it with.

As I'm leaving I'm wishing I had gone to Hopyards instead. Even in and out burger would have been worth the extra 5 mins drive. Hell I should have gone to walnut creek.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Nice Ambience and size restaurant but unfortunately we had poor service. Our waitress hardly came by ( and this was 5 pm before any crowds or rush), seemed hard for her to make eye contact and didn't bother to ask if we needed anything else or even say Thank you following the meal. We heard very enthusiastic wait staff at other tables we just got someone who was disinterested in doing her job and found it hard to be pleasant to customers.
Food was average Pub food. Pretzels on the appetizer were just microwaved pretzel bites served with what tasted like canned cheese. They were chewy from being frozen and microwaved.
We did enjoy the beer selection and the spicy green beans appetizer. Items were priced well and was family friendly.
Our salad was ok but we asked for the blue cheese crumbles on the side and instead got dressing on the side and not blue cheese. Took 10 minutes to get our waitress' attention to fix and then also to ask if we could get refills before she walked away again.

Sat indoors but the bar, outside area and group rooms all looked nice as well. Lots of space

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Came here for lunch with 5 colleagues, and had a very nice experience. Sometimes with a large group service can be slow and uneven, but they did a great job. Service was prompt, professional and friendly. They kept up a good pace, made sure we we're all happy, and took care of us very well.

Everyone had something different and all of the meals were very good. I had a small pizza and really enjoyed it. The food is typical American casual so you won't find anything unusual, but what they do have very tasty and well prepared.

I was very happy with lunch, and so were my colleagues.

Give it a shot

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Firehouse 37 is a large restaurant, with a separate full bar area. Lots of TVs for sporting events and they have a variety of food: pizza, burgers, pasta, ribs, seafood, chicken, etc. It's a good place for families, friends, and co-workers. It is casual, but the restaurant is always clean and the service is typically good.