“It's a Chain Restaurant: But the SERVICE Sets It Apart!”

Chipotle Mexican Grill
Ranked #29 of 170 Restaurants in San Ramon
Reviewed 13 November 2015

I've been to several Chipotle locations and it is this one in San Ramon that sets it apart from all the rest. It seems to be busy every time I visit and for good reason: THE SERVICE! I enjoy the outdoor patio and visiting with others. The food is always good in my humble opinion and satisfies my hunger every time. In fact, I always bring home most of my order because the portions are generous and I can't finish. I would say the location is central to San Ramon's busy area and right next to the freeway off ramps. The only thing I'd say to the negative is the noise of the traffic when you sit outside can take away from the quietness you might expect. However, this is the fault of the city planner, not Chipotle. Overall, I will be a repeat customer as long as this place is open!

Date of visit: August 2015

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Chipotle is a very good choice if you want fresh, tasty Mexican style food. Simple menu, cafeteria style service with somewhat reasonable pricing makes for a quick meal. This Chipotle is rather large and has reasonable out door seating - good thing too because at lunchtime, the indoor has all the ambiance of an indoor swimming pool!

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 5 July 2015

As a gluten-free vegetarian, fast food restaurants are usually a challenge to me. Chipotle, however, has become my mainstay when I'm looking for high quality, tasty, and quick food. My favorite is a sofritas bowl with brown rice, pinto beans, fajitas veggies, cheese, and guacamole. One of these days I'll try their tacos. I frequent both the Dublin and San Ramon stores. By the size of the crowds in both locations, I know for a fact that folks around here agree with my rating. I usually order to go because it can be a noisy place to eat, but the food can't be beat.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 4 June 2015

This Chipotle is only pleasant if it is nice enough to sit outside. The inside dining area has loud music and acoustics that seem to amplify every conversation. I don't enjoy yelling my order over the partition to the preparer. I just can't relax with this much noise around me. The food is pretty good and it seems clean overall.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 27 April 2015

I was in the area and said, "Why not?"
The line was long, which was a good thing...that meant it was a popular place.
I walked to the counter after a shorter wait than I thought...and told them I wanted a steak burrito, rice, black beans, salsa, sour cream, cheese and quacamole. (It is a buffet line and you get to choose your fillings that are right in front of you.)
It was huge!!!
and delicious!!! The steak was a bit chewy, so next time I might try the chicken.
I will definitely go back...the menu is limited, but you can get what you want if you are in the mood for Mexican without the sauces that make me feel blah.

Date of visit: April 2015