“Difficult location, decent ambience, great service, food o.k.”
Review of Worth Ranch

Worth Ranch
Ranked #16 of 159 Restaurants in San Ramon
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Had dinner rather early...about 5:15PM. There were a few folks in the bar and I was the only one in the dining room. Waitress was VERY good. My order arrived and it was correct. I had baby back pork ribs as my main. The ribs were a bit dry and you could tell that they had been held under a heat lamp since the lunch rush I'm guessing. French fries were the same. Not freshly made. Pinto beans were very good but it's hard to mess up beans isn't it?

I guess I'll go back one more time and see if there's any improvement in the food.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Went here for the third time since its opening, and it has gone steadily downhill... and based on the number of people in the place, I'm not alone in my assessment. This time we only stopped for drinks and appetizers. Do NOT get the potato skins. What an incredible rip off for terrible food. Five potato halves, and the potatoes were the size of small golden potatoes, not nice russets - for $10!. The toppings (about a teaspoon's worth on each) were completely shriveled and dried.They have no marinara or other dipping sauce. In fact, about the only thing they have for sauces on any appetizer is ranch dressing of some sort (and I hate ranch)... or BBQ sauce. We also had the quesadillas, which were tasty, but again, no salsa for dipping. On the plus side, staff was great. We were greeted when we entered, and it looked like the bartender was working hard and was very engaging with the few people that were at the bar. Unless we come back just for drinks on Thirsty Thursday or something, I don't think we'll give this place a fourth try.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Had dinner here with a friend of mine on a Tuesday evening. The cozy western décor was nicely done and I appreciated the nice spacing between tables so you didn't feel like you were squeezed in and forced to listen to someone else's convo. We shared the Ranch Tasting Platter on the server's recommendation so we could try out several things. Good choice! It came with pulled pork, brisket, baby back ribs and hot beer sausage. All of the meats were juicy and flavorful. For sides we picked the corn on the cob, which was fresh and crisp, and 2 huge flaky buttermilk biscuits. And we liked the variety of bbq sauces that come to the table to try out. The platter was plenty for the two of us with leftovers we gladly took home.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Originally went here in December 2016 & had very tasty food & decent service. We returned in June with anticipated repeat results, but were sadly disappointed. Our Server (maybe she was new??) didn't get the orders correct & didn't seem to remember things we'd asked for. It wasn't a busy time for the restaurant either. The food was also not as good - chicken was dry & overcooked for 2 of the meals we ordered and the salad was only so-so. Perhaps we'll try again...but this was such a disappointing visit, I'm just not sure.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Menu has many appealing choices. The brisket, potato salad, and coleslaw were certainly enjoyable but pretty ordinary. The burnt beef tips with shoestring onion rings appetizer was OK but we didn't finish them. Only two sauces were available, which were tasty but also fairly ordinary. Good choices of beers. Service was very good. Expect to spend about $40 per person with drinks and tip, which seems a bit pricey to this midwesterner for BBQ that is certainly good though not really special. Better to go because it is an easy place to spend time with friends or family.