US$183
US$79
US$71
QualityInn
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

Motel 6 San Simeon(San Simeon)
US$80
San Simeon Lodge(San Simeon)
US$99
US$77
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$229
US$77
US$109
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

US$334
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgrassy courtyardindoor poolno frillsbig surrestaurant next doorroad tripone night stayvisiting hearst castleroom was clean and comfortableelephant sealslos angelessecond floorcentral coastfridgecouponoceandiner
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We made the reservation 6 days before our arrival and the manager was surprise that we expect the room according our requirement: silent room, first floor, with ocean view. We get a room with a view on the street, noisy, on the ground floor, with no view. The room is for disable people, next to the pool, small one without fireplace as was on photos.
The manager was very unpleasant and he did not want to change the room for different one. He said that it is .last available. As we stay for 2 nights, I checked offers
on internet and there was minimum 4 room available in this motel.
We paid USD 175 plus taxes for not properly clean room and not as we ordered, therefore it would be better not to use Tripadvisor. The price for the most expensive night 03.09.2017 was USD 140 plus taxes.
The motel supposed to be after renovation and all should be clean. The motel is neglected and not very clean. It is total disappointment, especially that we booked much in advance and we could choose cheaper Motels, which we saw them now and they are much better. Misleading description of the Motel.

Room Tip: Misleading description of the rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorota F
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Nice Staff, room clean, kids liked the pool, beds good room size good even had a balcony, close to the seals and Hearst Castle, being from NZ the squirrels in the parking lot of the seals amused us all too.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Very comfortable room, clean, new. Very close to the beach, so very convenient. Spa and pool welcome after a long day on the road, open late. Nevertheless, the spa and pool would need a little bit of refreshment.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We were going to arrive around 11:30-12 a.m. due to traffic from Los Angeles to Silver Surf. I tried to call the hotel several times to make them aware of this, but no one ever answered. I called Hotels.com to see if they could call on my behalf (maybe there was a separate phone line for 3rd parties). Hotels.com assured me that they made contact with the hotel and that my arrival time wouldn't be a problem. We actually arrived at 12:30 and the place was closed up tight! I had to ring the bell to get the manager to unlock the lobby and check me in. He was not very pleased with me and showed it through his tone. I apologized, but he didn't seem to care. Anyway, once we arrived in the room we were pleasantly surprised. The room was newly updated, had nice linens and as a bonus there was a refrigerator and microwave. The rooms are accessed from exterior doors and there is no elevator, so be prepared to climb wooden steps if you are placed on the second floor. There is a lovely roof deck with ocean views and a great grassy courtyard. The hotel is best friendly so this area is fabulous for dogs to run around. The beach is just a 5 minute walk up and across the road. All in all this was a perfect stay for us. Our objective for staying in San Simeon was to visit Hearst Castle. It took us under 10 minutes to get there and we saw zebras in the fields. There is a pool, but it was closed at 9 am even though the posted hours begin at 8 am. The location of this hotel cannot be beat. This seems to be the main strip for hotels, as there were about 12 lining each side of the road. I would stay here again if ever in this area. The value cannot be beat. Other hotels in the area were at least $40 more per night, and they didn't offer anything more than Silver Surf. the next morning, at check-out the same man helped me who checked me in just 8 hours earlier. He was much more friendly and hospitable. I apologized again for my late arrival to which he replied that many people had been arriving late within the last week. I'm guessing he's not getting much sleep! I would recommend this motel to people who want a clean fresh room without paying ridiculous prices.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We just spent a night at Silver Surf Motel but it was clean and rather quiet. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom convenient. We enjoyed the location with a café and shops near the motel and the sunset on the beach.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple