3,108 results
All reviews ocean front rocking chairs oceanfront room wood burning fireplace hearst castle room service mini bar each evening on site restaurant keurig coffee maker watch the sunset elephant seals stayed longer the pacific ocean hear the waves second floor central coast
Reviewed 31 March 2018

This is the 5th time that my husband and I have stayed at the Cavalier Oceanfront Resort. We LOVE staying here! We've been here through Winter, Spring and Fall seasons, there's always so much to see and do in the area. As for the hotel, it, to me, is the perfect place to stay. It is an older property, but it has terrific bones (as they say). It's consistently updated. The rooms and surrounding property have always been very clean, and the staff is always welcoming and helpful. My husband is disabled, but insists on staying on the 2nd floor of the hotel. If we ask for help with our luggage, it's always there within 2 minutes. And, as we have disabled license plates, the staff always asks if we need help when they see us. The fireplaces in the rooms are well supplied, and the staff is happy to help light the fire if one doesn't feel comfortable doing it themselves. The rooms are heated through the ceilings, so you can stay warm while leaving your sliding door open and listening to the ocean all night long. I have so many good things that I can say about this hotel, but don't want to go on too long. Please know, for sure, that you will enjoy your stay here!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kelli C, Manager at Cavalier Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hello BeernutinCA,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property! We can't wait to have you stay with us again. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

A little pricey for a night considering it's a little dated but definitely worth it! The resort had nice fireplaces overlooking the ocean so watching the sunset was magical. We will definitely be back for another visit and I will 100% recommend Cavalier Resort!

Room tip: The fireplace was a bit hard to get going with just one pack of fire gel, maybe 2 packs would be better for one night. The room felt a little outdated so that's why I felt like the price was a bit high.

Hello shayshay3000,

I am very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy a beautiful sunset during your trip to the Central Coast. We have so many exciting updates in the works and I hope you are able to come and enjoy them next time you are in the area. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

The Cavalier is my favorite place to stay! The rooms are spacious and modern. The premium king's terrace is the place to book your room. Just steps from the pool and spa and magnificent views of the ocean. Definitely will return.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This is a beautiful oceanfront resort. Stayed there the night before touring Hearst Castle. Very close to the Castle & easy to get to. We had an oceanfront room which was beautiful. Bed was comfy, beautiful fireplace and a nice soaking tub! Unfortunately the weather was cold and rainy while we were there so didn't really make use of the rocking chairs on the patio, but did use the fireplace! Room was clean, Restaurant on site, which was good. Beautiful property, with 2 pools, firepits, telescopes throughout the property to watch for oceanlife. A bit pricey, but willing to pay to wake up & hear the ocean from our door! Would definitely return if in the area.

3  Thank AENSE
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Took my kids on Presidents day weekend. Arrived in the evening and was very impressed by the hotel. Right on the beach, great little restaurant, and cool, clean rooms. The beach had cool activities like giant checkers, tic tac toe, and fire places along the outside to watch the sunset or rise. It was great.

Date of stay: February 2018