“Great Little Restaurant Within the Museum”
Review of Tangata Restaurant

Tangata Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tangata Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 693 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main and 20th
Description: Tangata Restaurant serves a Pacific Rim lunch menu at the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana, and also offers wedding and event catering.
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The restaurant within the Bowers is quite nice and the food was excellent. Four of us enjoyed a very nice meal together while visiting the museum.

There are newer reviews for Tangata Restaurant

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Three of us had lunch before our museum visit. I found the menu interesting and creative. I ordered something a bit off the beaten path, a tuna sandwich with sauerkraut and Swiss cheese on marbled rye. I think it was the best sandwich I ever had! It is quirky but awesome. The BLT got great reviews from my husband and the chef's special got a very good but not spectacular from my sister.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

So, I choose the burger, with cheese. This is a member of the Patina Group of restaurants, always known to me as having great food and at a somewhat higher price point. This proved to be true here as well. Their burger consisted of a good grade of meat, tomatoes, lettuce, a spicy mustard, and cheese. The included fries arrived at a slightly cooler temperature than I would have liked and were still OK. The salads ordered by my friends were to their liking and we cleaned all our plates. The sticky point for me was the, what I considered to be a short pour of the Santa Barbara Pinot Noir. Not served in a wine glass but in an odd looking water glass with a short and wide presentation. At $14.00 dollars, they may have gotten 6 or 7 pours from this bottle as usually 5 is a norm. I have noticed this at other Patina Group restaurants as well. Drink at your own pace here. The setting was attractive and provides a good break from museum exhibitions.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Great choices to make everyone in the family or group happy.
Quality food! Fair prices. Great outdoor eating area.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We spent the day at the Bowers Museum so this was the perfect place to take our lunch. You can sit inside or out. We found the museum runs their air conditioning very cold. So even though it was a hot day, it was a relief to sit outside. We did however choose a shady spot. The staff was lovely and very attentive. My friend enjoyed her shrimp green salad ($18) and I enjoyed my burger and sweet potato fries ($14). Not the best meal I've ever had, but solid. And for a restaurant on the premises of a museum, I'd say quite good. If you have your parking lot ticket validated by the restaurant, you will be reimbursed the $6 parking fee.