“Beautiful and Artistic Restaurant”
Review of Tangata Restaurant

Tangata Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tangata Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 693 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main and 20th
Description: Tangata Restaurant serves a Pacific Rim lunch menu at the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana, and also offers wedding and event catering.
Reviewed 16 August 2017

From the moment we stepped into the restaurant, it was a delight with service and beauty. This was a place connected to the Bowers Museum. The food was delicious and very different. The menu suggested something for everyone. They had an August special of all kinds of salads made with chucks of lobster.

There are newer reviews for Tangata Restaurant

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The restaurant within the Bowers is quite nice and the food was excellent. Four of us enjoyed a very nice meal together while visiting the museum.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Three of us had lunch before our museum visit. I found the menu interesting and creative. I ordered something a bit off the beaten path, a tuna sandwich with sauerkraut and Swiss cheese on marbled rye. I think it was the best sandwich I ever had! It is quirky but awesome. The BLT got great reviews from my husband and the chef's special got a very good but not spectacular from my sister.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

So, I choose the burger, with cheese. This is a member of the Patina Group of restaurants, always known to me as having great food and at a somewhat higher price point. This proved to be true here as well. Their burger consisted of a good grade of meat, tomatoes, lettuce, a spicy mustard, and cheese. The included fries arrived at a slightly cooler temperature than I would have liked and were still OK. The salads ordered by my friends were to their liking and we cleaned all our plates. The sticky point for me was the, what I considered to be a short pour of the Santa Barbara Pinot Noir. Not served in a wine glass but in an odd looking water glass with a short and wide presentation. At $14.00 dollars, they may have gotten 6 or 7 pours from this bottle as usually 5 is a norm. I have noticed this at other Patina Group restaurants as well. Drink at your own pace here. The setting was attractive and provides a good break from museum exhibitions.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Great choices to make everyone in the family or group happy.
Quality food! Fair prices. Great outdoor eating area.