“Good food but old diningroom”

George's Thai Bistro
Ranked #34 of 693 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The food was actually very good but the diningroom smelled strange and the furniture and the carpet were old and used. The atmosphere is not too nice.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Food was great, will come back again,good area in South Coast Plaza But they just need to work on the Bathrooms!!!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Everything is really good but my favorite is the shrimp Tai soup. I always get it level 10 super spicy. Omg it's really good after a hangover lol. The coconut rice, the fried rice.. everything is really good. They have chicken, beef, shrimp, duck...all the food is fresh.

Reviewed 24 December 2016

About 15 years ago, we visited this restaurant as part of a work function and I was reasonably impressed with it back then but, at the time, we didn't live close enough to make it back.

Well, we've since moved closer and finally had a chance to go back and I am glad we did. My wife wanted Thai food (instead of the usual suspects) and I looked up George's to see if it was still around. The reviews here on TA and other sites indicated that folks still thought highly of the place so we drove over and had a quiet dinner by ourselves.

The interior, to my recollection, is much improved and more subdued than I recall... but that was 15 years ago ... and the food is excellent. Often times, Thai food in SoCal comes out like Chinese food but not here. This place is terrific and serves it up nicely spiced and piping hot. The service is friendly and efficient and we will definitely be back. Finally, a Thai place that serves it up authentic (or as close a possible in SoCal) Thai food! Love it!

The restaurant is part of a larger strip mall on the east side of Bristol St between MacArthur and Sunflower and there is plenty of parking. It does sit behind a bank and isn't quite visible from the street so on your first time in, you'll have to be on the look out for the restaurant front.

Definitely make it a stop if you enjoy Thai food. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 17 November 2016

The food and service were very good. Delicious noodle soup. I will definitely return. The restaurant itself needs a face lift and some serious repair work in the Ladies restroom