“Super Casual, But Super Good”
Review of Goat Tree

Goat Tree
Ranked #163 of 570 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Have only had pastries, but their selection of muffins, banana breads, etc. is outstanding and sooo good. Not over-sweet like so many typical bakeries.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I was so happy to find this restaurant. Sometimes you just want simple, quality food in small quantities. Not a huge slab of meat, or beans and rice, etc. Goat Tree has a Morrocan theme and the food is excellent. There is a good choice for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. It's not inexpensive, but it is quality food with a creative twist. Thank you Goat Tree! (There is parking in a public lot to the rear of the restaurant.)

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I went to the goat tree last week while in town visiting some friends. The menu was excellent! Food arrived quickly and hot and no issues even with my food allergy! My friend tried the new coffee which she said was divine! The servers were very attentive, joe stood out as he always made sure we had what we needed and did so with a smile on his face. I will definitely be going again when I’m back out in April with some family!

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

This place is absolutely fantastic, the food, the atmosphere, all. My favorite place in Santa Barbara

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I was walking around the Funk Zone looking for a place that was serving breakfast after 10 am. I found this very nice, clean cafe.
There wasn't any sign on the building, so it may be new. It's across the street from Hotel Californian, on State. It was a good place to have breakfast and coffee before going wine tasting, as it's on the edge of the Zone.
I ordered at the counter and paid and then it was brought out to me at one of their nice tables outdoors on the patio. There wasn't a lot of traffic and the patio was a great place to take in the morning sun as the day was just starting to warm up. The even had some music playing.

I had just a small mocha and eggs and toast, but both were done about as good as I've had anywhere, very upscale, with a small glass container and lid for the butter and jam. It even came with a side salad of arugula.
Just under $20 with a few dollars added for the tips.
You could always find a cheaper breakfast at a chain restaurant, but if you'd rather spend a few dollars more for the best I'd recommend Goat Tree.