“Nice place to spend the evening ”
Review of Blush Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ortega
Transit: City Bus Stop and Downtown trolly within feet of our entrance
Description: Blush Restaurant & Lounge combines the idea of refined social dining with a contemporary atmosphere that transcends the day-and night dining experience while staying true to its local roots. Nestled in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, Blush Restaurant & Lounge provides a modern, stylish decor in a warm, ambient, indoor dining room, complimented by an exquisite outdoor patio dotted with fireside seating. Blush features seasonal Californian cuisine with inventive signature cocktails that truly highlight a classic dining experience with a creative modern flare. Established in 2009 to bring Santa Barbara a refined "Social Dining" experience.
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere, reasonable prices, pleasant music to enjoy listening to or have it as background while socializing!

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Blush Restaurant was an unfortunate disappointment. I was working with their event coordinator to set up for our wedding rehearsal dinner for 25 people. We started talking 2 weeks before the event. They had staff turnover that caused a delay in communication.

The Monday before the event I called the manager to ask what was happening with the menu as we hadn't agreed on food options and other details. She gave me options of one seafood, one chicken, and one hamburger dish plus a soup or salad and dessert for everyone. They were switching to a new menu so I did not know yet what the chicken dish was or what kind of seafood options they have. I also wanted to have appetizer options for my table to share, instead of a soup/salad.

We probably could have worked out something except for one thing - they did not get back to me until the day before the event. I was frantically trying to balance everything I needed to do for my wedding and meanwhile I had to go back and forth with their event coordinator for them to try to accommodate my requests. I felt that they put my event on the backburner until the last minute and then told me no substitutions, but maybe substitutions if I talk to the manager again. Frankly, I could not deal with this hassle the day before my rehearsal dinner. I canceled and went with another restaurant down the street who accommodated everything we wanted with no trouble at all.

I gave 2 stars because my experience with their event coordination was poor. But, the food is very good. My fiance and I came here for dinner to test out the place a few weeks before the event was to take place. The sea bass was delicious. We also liked the fried cauliflower very much. Service for dinner was great that night.

I am disappointed that I could not give Blush a better review. Had they not dropped the ball on coordinating my event I'm sure I would have had a much better experience. I hope that they get their events services up. It really is a beautiful space and a shame we couldn't have our dinner there.

1  Thank rachel k
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Met family here for dinner and it was an excellent meal. Service a little spotty but hardly an issue as we spent so much time catching up. It was not very crowded so we didn't feel like we should eat and run. They have a 3 for $30. That includes an appetizer, entree and dessert from a diced menu. Portions were good as were they portions of the other meals. All raved about their choices. Salads were crisp and cold, crab cakes were chock full of crab and the short rib dinner and the salmon entree didn't disappoint.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

My daughter and I took her 2 kids to this restaurant right on State Street. We loved the covered patio on this warm day. The food was delicious and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. We went for lunch which was fine with the kids but maybe dinner it would be better not to bring the kids. The service was good and the server was attentive. A nice experience!

Reviewed 14 January 2017

He had the fish & chips and I had the fish tacos at a weekday lunch. (We were the first ones there--maybe the only ones.) Both were excellent. My fish tacos came with a side--I choose the caesar salad which was excellent and big enough to share. Filling and reasonable meal. Good service. We had been here several years ago and remembered it. It was as good as we remembered!