“It fit us to a tee.”
other travellers have booked this property
Private Porch Livingroom
Front Yard
BBQ on Porch
Porch
Off-Stree Parking area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Los Angeles, California
“It fit us to a tee.”
Reviewed 30 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

My spouse and I had a wonderful, relaxing stay in the Baby Dux. The property is as described, about the size of a small hotel room, with the addition of a functional kitchenette and a roomy front porch with seating for four. I drank my tea in the early morning sitting on the porch while my husband slept undisturbed in the apartment. Perhaps we had unusually warm weather for Santa Barbara, but the comforter that was provided was a little too warm for us. I ended up shopping for a cotton nightie after the first night. The sofa bed was wonderful, certainly the most comfortable I've ever slept on. I agree with a previous reviewer that it would be difficult to cook anything complicated on the two burner hot plate, but in addition to it and the coffee maker, there is a microwave, a toaster, a toaster oven, a small Weber grill on the porch, and I also saw a 5 quart slow cooker underneath the sink. There is no tub, only a shower but there is a compact washer/dryer in the bathroom, which I can see getting a work-out if you're there for the beach. Since we'd driven up from LA, we also appreciated the provided off-street parking. The beach is within walking distance and the State Street is only a block away. We've been coming to Santa Barbara to vacation for over thirty years and have stayed at motels and hotels and even a five star bed and breakfast. This place suited us perfectly. Highly recommended.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The sofa bed and the location.
Liked least: The heavy comforter.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
ca

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Reviewed 7 February 2012 for a stay in February 2012

Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing