“great breakfast with an ocean view and good service”
Review of Sambo's Restaurant

Sambo's Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 567 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Sambos is a family friendly restaurant located across from the beach in Santa Barbara. We serve Breakfast and Lunch all day long. Our specialty is Pancakes and breakfast items.
Reviewed 13 September 2015

very good place for breakfast with a great atmosphere and terrific corned beef hash benedict. good selection of seating from tables to booths to counters. All the servers are attentive to all tables not just their own which makes for very good service. The day prior I thought I had the best corned beef hash at an excellent nearby santa Barbara eatery but Sambo's corned beef benedict was at the top my list.

Chad S, Owner at Sambo's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Thank you for the kind review. Corn Beef Hash is one of my favorites and we make it fresh everyday. Hope to see you back again soon. Chad, Owner

Reviewed 12 September 2015

This is the original Sambo's location and the last remaining restaurant. The food is "American Diner" and is a basic "go to place" for breakfast.

Chad S, Owner at Sambo's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2015

It is nice to still have the restaurant in the family. My grandfather opened the restaurant 57 years ago and I am the grandson still trying to provided the same quality food and service. We hope to see you back again soon. Chad, Owner

Reviewed 12 September 2015

Me and my 3 other friends were served an automatic gratuity of 18% on the bill. Is this even legal, to force the tip onto someone? We'll never go back and we'll also tell our friends to never eat here. It's a ripoff.

1  Thank Cezar B

I apologize that our server offended you and your group. If you had requested to have the server remove the tip he/she would. We put on the menu that a gratuity may be added on checks. I understand that you and your friends know that tipping is something that you normally do for good service. With many tourist visiting our area they are not familiar with the tipping procedures of the United States. Also the the government expects that our servers receive a tip and based on their sales are required to claim income from their tips. Even if a guest does not provided a tip, the government thinks that they got one and still will tax them on their sales. Thank you for coming to Sambos and we apologize to you and your group.

Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

Food was ok, perhaps we didn't order well, and didn't ask enough questions when ordering. Great location. Waitress was lovely and friendly too.

Thank you for your post. Let me know what you ordered so I can review it to make sure it is the quality that we require. Have a great week. Chad, Owner

Reviewed 10 September 2015

Start out with these incredibly delicious baby muffins with butter! Yum!! I asked what their most popular dish was. I enjoyed every bit of my eggs florentine! Not sure of the spelling there.