“Great food, average service”
Review of Pierre Lafond Wine Bistro - CLOSED

Pierre Lafond Wine Bistro
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cota & Haley
Transit: The downtown shuttle costs 25 cents, travels up and down State, to the breakwater and over by the Santa Barbara Zoo. One of the stops is just steps away from the Wine Bistro.
Description: The Wine Bistro menu is seasonal California cuisine specializing in the freshest ingredients. The menu is split between appetizers, salads and entrees, including vegetarian dishes and fresh fish. The Steamed Mussels are the best in SB! Entree high-lights include Grilled Duck & Confit of Duck, Seared Salmon and Grilled New York Steak. Fantastic desserts include Salted Caramel Bittersweet Chocolate Tart, Sherry Wine Cake and more.Serving wines from Santa Barbara Winery,Lafond Winery as wines from around the world. Happy Hour M-F 4:30-6:30pm 9:30 to closingOpen Mon - Fri 11am - 10pm Sat/Sun 9:00am - 9:30pm Weekend brunchSidewalk patio.
Reviewed 17 September 2014

Enjoyed the outside sidewalk dining. Excellent food with good portions. Service was only so so, as waitress forgot request for ice and also forgot rolls. Did not return to table after serving main dish until we were finished.

1  Thank whattimestheflight

Reviewed 12 September 2014

There are many options along State Street however many of them are burger or Mexican orientated and this is one of the few where upmarket food is served. It was lovely sitting outside watching the world go by and, apart from a really drunken nosy table next to us (not the restaurants fault), we enjoyed our visit here. Wine and food were carefully priced therefore although a tad expensive, not overpriced. Tasty and well presented. Service excellent.

1  Thank Ginger005
Reviewed 4 September 2014

Yesterday was Tuesday so we were off to the Farmer's Market on State Street. We also had a certificate for Pierre La Fonds on lower State St. Outside tables were full so we went inside and had a nice table where we could watch the busy foot traffic going by. My wife ordered a beer and I had a super good house Sauvignon Blanc. We ordered a shrimp board platter and I had their medium bowl of chili while waiting which was plenty and very delicious. The shrimp board was just super with lots of well cooked shrimp as many other tasty extras. We shared that and there was more than enough for two diners. We actually took some home. Then it was time to start shopping veggies so we reluctantly left the fun people-watching and went back up State through the market. A totally successful afternoon!

1  Thank DrBud_12
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We ate a quick dinner here before a party at a nearby winery. We used the Axxess Card for buy one get one free entree. I had the Squash and Ricotta Ravioli in a lemon cream sauce..I loved it! I liked that the portion was reasonable..I didn't leave feeling bloated...but satisfied. My husband had a chicken sandwich..it was good...and the fries were good..and the wine was good. We enjoyed the experience of sitting on the patio and definitely people watched...chairs aren't that comfortable out there, but the sun was nice, the service was good..I like their cucumber water:). Would I return? Probably not. Their menu is a bit limited for what we want when dining out. It was good for quick light bites before heading to a party where there was a lot of free flowing wine!

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Had a great experience here! Had two wine flights of all fantastic local wines. Got a pizza for the kiddos that was delicious. French onion soup was great. Quinoa/kale warm salad was phenomenal! I am not usually a kale eater, but this salad transformed me!
Good service, good times.