All reviewswine and cheesethe cliffcottage suitecontinental breakfastcrackersafternoon cookiesdeluxe kingwatch surfersfresh baked cookiesboiled eggssound of the wavesoverlooking the oceanspa roomprivate patiobagelsawesome viewsgas fireplace
Reviewed 27 October 2016

We live in Santa Cruz but wanted to play tourist. We had heard great things about the Sea and Sand. We spent a night and fell in love. Fresh cookies, ocean breezes, and a huge bubble bath. We encourage out of town guests to stay here. Yes, it is right on West Cliff Drive and traffic is busy, but the back side of the hotel on the water front makes you forget all of that! Walking distance to the wharf, Boardwalk and Westcliff.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

This place is really nice, rooms are clean and roomy. All rooms have ocean view and has tables and chairs to sit out and relax. Continental breakfast, cookies at 3:00PM and wine and cheese at 5:00PM. Customer service is very good. Very friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

We just returned from a three night stay at the Sea & Sand Inn. The view was awesome as it was right along the side of the beach, however that's where the value ends. Our rooms were remodel, but still very SMALL. My biggest complaint was the lack of space in the bathroom. Between my husband and I I had to keep most of my toiletries in my suitcase, as there was no counter space, and the cabinet below the sink was screwed closed. My other complaint was the key card issue. Everyday I would have to have my key reprogrammed, or the door lock reprogrammed. Luckily the staff was on-site 24 hours and were very helpful, but still very annoying if you are in a hurry. We were also on the bottom floor, and you could definitely hear the room above you, so if quite is what you seek, ask for the second floor.

Over all the room was clean, housekeeping did a great job, and the bed was comfortable. I've been to worse hotels, but I've definitely been to better as well.

1  Thank cora4600
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

The nicest small inn weve been to so far. Clean relaxing friendly helpful. Cookies and tea at 3. Cheese and wine at 5. Continental breakfast. The front looks like a motel but the backyard grounds were fabulous.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2016

Normally smaller, boutique locations like this have all the view but none of the modern amenities you want from a hotel. Sea & Sand has all the hospitality of a small-town B&B complete with clean bathrooms (with modern fixtures), quality beds and furniture, "smart" TV, and good warm water flow. The view is to die for, and all the restaurant recommendations we got from the staff were on point. My family and I came here for a college visit to UCSB and the location couldn't have been better, as the main street leading up to campus dead ends at the hotel!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family