“Real food at fast food prices and short wait times. Try it for lunch in a hurry.”

Pono Hawaiian Grill
Ranked #61 of 395 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 February 2018

This is not serious dining; head to Gabriella Cafe cross the street for that. A business friend and I were in a hurry at lunch time, and we were in and out in about 15 minutes, and we ate better food than at any fast food joint, for the same money, in the same amount of time. For locals, it looks like an inexpensive fun place in the evenings, when they have music and dinner food. Pono Grill fits these needs within the community, and I wish them a long and happy business life downtown.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Came here based on reviews on here and yelp. I ordered korean short ribs and it came out cold with the plate hot, it was much more expensive given that the order size was pretty small. The thing was the staff was nice and they have a outdoor area near a garden thats quite pretty.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Da Braddah Timmy Poke bowl is my poke dream come true! Love the atmosphere, total Santa Cruz-Hawaii fusion.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We came here based upon the reviews from another app. I don't know what people were talking about. I chose the vegetarian Poke salad. Like meh. It was the most ordinary salad ever. I could have chosen this from the double arches. Believe the negative reviews of this place. The food is fresh so I give it 2*, but b ziporing to the max. There are lots of other good places in town, choose one of them

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Was at Pono with some friends and ordered a Poke Bowl with Tuna. It is seriously the worst meal I have ever had in my life. The fish was disgusting and the rice was extremely overcooked. The majority of my friends enjoyed their meal (they did not order Poke), but agreed with me when tasting my dish..

1  Thank Nomnomnomnomm