“Best Locally Made Ice Cream”

Mission Hill Creamery
Ranked #5 of 24 Dessert in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Description: No Hype - Just Great Ice Cream since 2010. Now Featuring Intelligentsia Coffee, Confections Made On-Site, Pies, Cookies, and a Great Selection of Hot and Cold Beverages.
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We have many choices in Santa Cruz for locally made ice cream but this is my favorite. They have staple flavors like salted Carmel, chocolate, coffee and the best strawberry in town. They also have seasonal flavors like peach, entering sorbet and Mexican chocolate. They have three kinds of cones, waffle, sugar and regular. Of course you can get a cup too.

Dave K, Owner at Mission Hill Creamery, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you SCtripchick. Your detailed review is greatly appreciated and welcome. When you are happy, we are happy too. We look forward to your next visit.
Dave

Reviewed 22 August 2017

This place is named after a local geographic feature and is as authentic as its name. Locally sourced ingredients are used to create some creamy, delicious ice cream with standard, classic flavors, and a few more daring ones. You order at the counter and there are seats and tables inside and out. Authentic Santa Cruz experience. I'm a local and this is my preferred ice cream place in a town with a lot of good ice cream.

Dave K, Owner at Mission Hill Creamery, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Jessica m,
Thank you sincerely for taking the time to submit your review. Our team takes great pride in making sure you have a remarkable experience. We look forward to your next visit and are very happy for your support.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

The ice cream was good and having hazelnut and peach sorbet available was a bonus. You order at the counter and seat yourself. Servings were reasonable. Surprise...they had metal spoons!

David K, Owner at Mission Hill Creamery, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Dear photobug429,

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Came here on a weekday night and they stay open until 11pm. I had a great tasting mocha. They actually make the waffle cones here as well. The flavors look so good. You can get a really small cup of ice cream or a pint to take home. This was a great find for us.

Dear Tcard2013,

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I'm going to pay Mission Hill Creamery the highest compliment I can give- their ice cream doesn't bother my stomach. I'm really sensitive to dairy and if an ice cream isn't made with quality ingredients then I pay for it later. I've been able to eat a delicious waffle cone with heavenly scoops of quality ice cream with absolutely no digestive consequences from Mission Hill Creamery! That is quite an accomplishment and why they have a loyal customer in me! If I lived in Santa Cruz I'd be fighting the temptation to get an ice cream cone daily!

David K, Owner at Mission Hill Creamery, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear MissPea1978,