“Nice food and very kind personel”
Review of El Palomar

El Palomar
Ranked #33 of 406 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Soquel Avenue
Description: Since El Palomar’s opening in 1983, we have been serving Santa Cruz unique and fresh Mexican cuisine inspired by authentic family recipes. Our commitment to excellence has continuously earned us the “Best Mexican Restaurant in Santa Cruz” award.
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

The service was great! The food was very nice but it was way too much. Only downside was that the restaurant was a bit noizy.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 9 September 2018

You cannot beat this place for a quality Mexican meal. Staff were brilliant fitting us in (6 people) at short notice. Food quality was superb, nice variety, good wine and beer. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I was looking for a good mexican place to have some authentic tacos, quesadillas, etc.
And this was not the place.

They give some free nachos and salsa that must be to cover their poor main dishes.
We had pollo al mole with an overcooked rice, like mush. And the mole tasted more like a barbecue sauce...

The quesadilla I had wasn’t also tasty.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2018

This was hands down the best Chicken Tortilla soup I've ever had. You would think that one would pretty much be the same as another but NO! This one was great. I wish I lived nearby. The Silver Coin margarita was pretty darn good too!

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

This is a great place for well prepared authentic Mexican food but the portions are huge so I wouldn’t recommend a starter as well as a Chimichanga! Very helpful staff in a lovely old building. My only gripe was the tables are all fixed to the floor which makes relaxing a tad tricky after such good food!

1  Thank BurlsGurth