“Great Coffee & Bagels”

Firefly Coffee House
Ranked #6 of 21 Coffee & Tea in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: We've been your friendly neighborhood coffee shop since 2007, featuring organic fair trade coffee, local chai, and daily fresh baked goods including Caitlin's famous bagels.
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We visited Santa Cruz for a wedding and stopped here on the way for a short hike. All three of us loved our coffee and bagels! Great service & cute little nook to sit and read or chat with friends.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We stayed on the beach in Santa Cruz and walked to this coffee shop which was less than 1/2 mile from our hotel. This small coffee shop is not short on breakfast options and is a great alternative to an expensive sit down breakfast. Service was wonderful and there is an eclectic vibe to this cute coffee shop that offers outdoor seating. This place has THE BEST bagels and pastries--you've got to get the cinnamon roll and the cinnamon sugar bagel. The coffee was delicious too and my son LOVED the mango hot tea. If we are ever in SC again we'll definitely stop here for the bagels alone!

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Chai Latte was decent, not great but not horrible.
I went in the morning and a few minutes after I got there, people started showing up. I don't think its the greatest place to study since its a small, kinda of an express coffee house. The day I went in they had three kinds of pastries.

You can find better coffee in Santa Cruz!

Reviewed 28 September 2016

I stopped in here twice during my recent trip. The first time, the girl behind the counter was friendly and great conversationalist. The guy, I suspect was still half asleep because he didn't say much at all. Both the bagel and coffee were great.

The second time, both people behind the counter were nice and friendly. This is definitely up there for coffee shops in Santa Cruz area. Nice hidden, but easily accessible location where the locals love to go.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Asked for their darkest, boldest, most voluptuous brew and got it. Delicious and Effective. Will return when back in the area.