I have been enjoying the hospitality at this unique and charming inn for over ten years! But now it is better than ever, thanks to new managers Bill and Shelley Strauch. They are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. They have done a lot of work to spruce the place up, without compromising its homey atmosphere. It's clean, quiet, comfortable, and reasonably priced, with lots of personal touches like beautiful flowers, a great front veranda, bagels in the morning and even a selection of books to read, plus board games that families can borrow to entertain themselves in the evenings.
If you are looking for a typical luxury hotel, this wouldn't really be the place for you. Neither is it one of those standardized, impersonal, large chain motels. Instead, it truly is like a home away from home. One of the nicest things about it is that it has an actual BATHTUB, not just a shower, in the room I've been requesting these past 11 years. I go to Santa Cruz specifically to surf its fantastic waves, but the water here is pretty cold. So being able to come back to my room after surfing all day and relax in a hot bath was just heavenly! Like a Jacuzzi, only even better because it's in my own private room.
The location of the Ocean Echo is ideal too - away from the busier, noisier environments of downtown, the Boardwalk area, or even 41st Avenue. It's right in the middle of town by Sunny Cove, an easy drive to either the Westside (Steamer Lane) or Eastside (Pleasure Point) surf areas. If you prefer to walk to the beach, Sunny Cove is a fun sandy beach whichg is great for families, swimmers and bodyboarders. You can even enjoy a bonfire there in the evenings, or listen to the waves breaking from your cottage.
Two fantastic restaurants are also within walking distance; Nuevo, with unique and delicious Southwestern cuisine, and Star Bene, which offers both Italian and Argentinian dishes. Lots of great places for hiking, biking, and birdwatching are also right there.
I look forward to returning as soon as possible to the Ocean Echo, truly my home away from home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hidden gem with direct access to the beach at Sunny Cove, a favorite local beach between Santa Cruz and Capitola! This property has a private and charming location with quaint rooms and cottages where you can spend the day on your romantic getaway, enjoy fun family events, eat at great local restaurants, then return to the soothing sound of the ocean waves. Some units have fully-equipped kitchens, ocean views & private decks. Some units are dog-friendly. Short walk to restaurants & yacht harbor. Free continental breakfast, free parking & free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages Hotel Santa Cruz
- Ocean Echo Inn And Beach Cottages