Beach Street Inn and Suites(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$329
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$135
QualityInn
Babbling Brook Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$223
US$206
Hyatt Place Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$224
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$252
US$240
  • Pool
West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$379
US$309
Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$239
Priceline
Seaway Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$204
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
US$496
US$391
Cancelon
  • Pool
Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$199
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 February 2015

This is by far the worst Hotel I have ever stayed it. We booked a room here because about every other Hotel was packed due to it being Valentine's day. We were not expecting any thing fancy but for 350 $ after I expected a bit more. Our room did not have any night stands, a chair, or a place to put our clothes. There was not any tissue in the tissue holder or a garbage bag in the trash. We were only given two towels, one which had some black stuff on I (I hoping it was just stained). We did not have any wash clothes, shampoo bottles, or even an ice bucket. The shower had something slimy on the floor and was made for someone under 5'4. All of these issues we laughed off but at 2:30 I was woken up by what seemed to be a party out side our door that continued for about an hour. This was fallowed by the local drug dealers that occupied the stairwell outside of our room (rm 307) the rest of the night. He and another man spoke of all their drugs they were selling at the time and one bragged to the other about their 100$ coke bags. Also one of the men repeatedly kept telling a girl that he's sorry for hitting her. I could not believe my ears as to what was happening right outside our door. I should have fallowed my gut and left when we first arrived and noticed many of the rooms that were open were people's actual residence, which was obvious to us from the smell and look of the rooms as we walk past them to get to our room (which was on the 3rd floor). I have stayed at many hotels and have never be so turned off by a place, I don't even mind Motel 6, but for paying the amount that we did I would have never in my wildest dreams thought this was going to be a drug infested, homeless living hotel. I am kicking myself for not taking pictures of the many issues.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Kate C
Reviewed 29 September 2014

My husband and I wanted to go to Santa Cruz for a last minute weekend. Unfortunately we picked a weekend during which Santa Cruz was hosting a cheerleading competition, a triathlon, and UCSC move-in weekend so this was literally the only hotel left in town. Motel Santa Cruz took advantage of this (as is their right) and we had to book on Travelocity for $225 which was RIDICULOUSLY overpriced for this property.
THE GOOD:
-- Our room was not actually dirty as other reviewers have reported (the only reason I'm giving them two stars as opposed to one)--the sheets seemed clean and the mattress was semi-comfortable. The bathroom was run down but clean.
-- The location is OK. It's close to the Boardwalk and beach, though it did seem to be near some government housing and low-income properties. That being said, we didn't feel unsafe as others have reported.
THE BAD:
-- The property is pretty run down. Our bathroom door had a cracked dent in it as if somebody had tried to punch it, the paint was peeling, the air conditioning had gang tags carved into it, and the room was extremely small. The towels are thin, the bathroom counter is chipped plastic, and the shower curtain had rips in it.
THE UGLY:
-- Young adults were up until midnight yelling, swearing, and running up and down the halls screaming and banging doors. Around 11:30, they began screaming and setting off fireworks in the hotel's parking lot.
-- The walls are extremely thin and we were woken up throughout the night by what sounded like drag-racing cars/motorcycles, ambulances and screeching tires/brakes.
-- When we checked out the next morning, I asked to see the charges to my credit card. The staff were extremely rude, unhelpful and confused, asking if I wanted to make a reservation for that night. They finally found our reservation and said that we needed to contact Expedia (we had booked with Travelocity). I wanted to be sure that our credit card would not be charged twice and asked to see the receipt which was marked NEEDS TO PAY. I waited for 15 minutes while the woman sat in front of the computer and yelled to her family in the next room. When she finally said she had charged my card for $225, I asked if they would refund part of our reservation as their sign in front of the hotel was advertising rooms for $59 a night and that our night had been interrupted by the fireworks. She said that the fireworks weren't set off on their property and that if I wanted to stay there that night, I could pay $69. When I told her I would not be staying that night nor returning again, she said, "Fine, I have your money." It is still unclear whether we've been charged for the room twice.
My husband and I are VERY laid back and don't require super luxe hotels; however, this hotel really is a place I would never consider staying again.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelfreak777
Reviewed 17 September 2014

cheapest place I could find on a summer weekend. If you need a relatively clean bathroom and bed this place is ok. If you want more than that- go elsewhere. Exterior is poor, clientel is not great. Free parking is highlight

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kurt S
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We rented a room here and it was nothing like the pictures depicted it to be. The room was absolutely disgusting. It smelled like smoke and dogs. The smell was so overwhelming we contemplated on sleeping with door open. We were in a non-smoking room. There were questionable stains on the pillow cases and sheets. Multiple burn marks on the blankets. The bathroom sink had a rusted old tissue holder. There was mold on the linoleum floors. They had a wall air conditioning unit that was broken and had a bed pushed against it. There was a unit that should have been placed in a window for proper ventilation sitting on a dresser that did not work well. The staff was very rude when we asked for new sheets.

Room Tip: Do not choose one at all here!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Shel V
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Feared for my life walking out side to go get a bottle of water from the convenience store nearby. Kids hanging out In the parking lot scoping the cars and bikes there. Hard beds and very worn furniture. The flush on the toilet was not working. The concrete stairs have blocks of wood holding them up. The dog in the next room barking for an hour.

Stayed: August 2014