Hyatt Place Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$189
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$130
QualityInn
Babbling Brook Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$206
Beach Street Inn and Suites(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$399
US$249
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
US$379
  • Pool
Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$203
West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$279
US$247
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$216
Priceline
  • Pool
US$224
Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$159
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2015

booked a 1 night trip here in early september and it was one of the worst experiences ever (not to mention it ruined our weekend in santa cruz). Upon arriving at the hotel, i already began getting a weird feeling. The place reeked of marijuana, bathroom cleaner and there were some questionable people hanging around outside the hotel. check-in was fine - we didnt expect much customer service anyways. but the one thing that i thought was weird was that the first thing they asked for was my credit card (before asking me about room preferences, what was booked etc). Its like they were nervous that we would not pay. We requested a NO SMOKING room and when we arrived in our room, all i smelled was smoke, and there were huge cigarette burns in our blanket. The place was small, gross and poorly maintained. I've stayed in many motels all over the coast of california (if you want to be close to the beach and not pay a fortune, sometimes its your only option!). this hotel is rock bottom. we went to complain at the front desk and they offered to give us a room on another floor but what difference would that make?! i told them we will not stay here and requested a refund. the female manager refused and after aruging for about 10 minutes we figured we could call expedia to help. Expedia did indeed call them to try to get a refund but they still refused. I took matters into my own hands and called and the man working at the front asked that i call back in one hour when the manager comes back. As it turns out, when i called back in one hour the manager had left for vacation for the long weekend. I kept checking my credit card for about a week after to see if the hotel did indeed charge me and they had not. I even thought about giving them a decent review for this. 2.5 weeks later, the charge appears on my card. SHADY. Did they think i would forget about the charge? I dont think so. I will be disputing this charge ASAP. Lesson learned: Listen to tripadvisor reviews!! They are the most insight you will get about a motel/hotel before you arrive.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kevin K
Reviewed 5 September 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed here on 8/29/2015. Doesn't look THAT bad from the outside. However, room smelled HORRIBLE and was sooo outdated. But we survived. Morning of 8/30/2015 my boyfriend and I got ready to leave. We were carrying our stuff down the stairs and a maid asked us if we were leaving so she could clean our room (we said yes). We saw her walk into our room to clean it. Later on in the day while we were on the boardwalk, we realized my boyfriend only had his sandals, but not his Nike tennis shoes in the car. I immediately called the motel and the woman who answered was very rude. I explained the situation to her and told her I am 100%positive we left his Nike's in the room. She immediately told me that the maid hasn't cleaned our room yet. I told her that the maid asked us if we were leaving and that we WATCHED her go into our room, but she insisted that it hadn't been cleaned yet. The woman on the phone told me I could go back and look if I wanted. We went back, and of course the room was cleaned and the shoes were gone. Long story short, DO NOT STAY HERE. THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY THIEVES. PLUS THE ROOMS ARE DISGUSTING.

Room Tip: Do not stay here at all
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Janelly C
Reviewed 22 August 2015

This"hotel" is more the a hooker and drug dealer / addict headquarters. The rooms are filthy and the reception staff is horrible. There we're holes in the walls like from someone pushing it. Don't stay here especially with children.

Stayed: August 2015
4  Thank jennymac39
Reviewed 5 August 2015

I really wanted to write a nice review because the front desk manager was so helpful, but this was a really icky motel. While I am accustomed to staying in much nicer accommodations, we only needed a room for one night and we didn't want to spend a lot of money. $194 later I can say we wasted a colossal amount of money.
The motel looks pretty decent from the street, across from 7-11, and the proximity to the Boardwalk would be very appealing to most. Upon entering our non-smoking room we inhaled lingering second-hand smoke and asked for a different room. Lucky us, they had a designated NON-SMOKING room facing Ocean Ave. The 1970s decorated room (we're talking original, not retro) room had bright orange paint, a clean but yucky bathroom, and two incredibly uncomfortable beds with questionably clean bedspreads. I asked my kids NOT to lay directly on the top pillows or bedspreads, if you know what I mean.
We arrived back to our room after 10 p.m. and fell asleep to the sound of the LOUD traffic outside on Ocean. The first fitful hours of sleep were a dream compared to our 3 a.m. wake-up call when the surrounding motel guests returned to their rooms and proceeded to walk in and out of their rooms while yelling and slamming doors until 6 a.m.
MISERABLE EXPERIENCE! WE WILL NEVER "GO CHEAP" ON A ROOM AGAIN IN SC! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Room Tip: BOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE, or at least in a room away from Ocean Ave.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Kate O
Reviewed 31 July 2015

We were there for 2 nights. Motel looks great from the outside but the inside is musty and extremely outdated. Felt like I was in a cheap motel in Mexico. My white socks were so black from me stepping without my shoes that I had to throw them away. We walked through the neighborhood at night and it was a little sketchy so we opted to drive to the boardwalk the next day. I love that it had a microwave and fridge. Convenience of being close to the boardwalk, and 7-eleven across the way. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family