“Avoid this Dennys”

Ranked #317 of 406 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Very disappointing. Service was extremely slow. They had only 2 people working the floor on a Saturday evening. They did not even clear the table before serving dessert. The food was not as advertised. They had added fried onions and peppers to the cheese quesadilla and omitted the sour cream. The ceasar salad was just a plain garden salad. And, when it came to dessert time they were out of vanilla ice cream. The girl said they had been out since the night before. They offered chocolate or strawberry ice cream as a substitute in the apple crisp. Yuck!! We often go to Dennys as the chain has been reliable up to this visit. AVOID this one. It is not up to Dennys standards.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank sandracY9672IH

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Its very rarely that I give any property one star but this place certainly deserves it. I just wish I had read previous reviews before we went in. I felt sorry for the two young ladies serving tables as they were obviously overwhelmed. I actually saw one of them at one stage going into the kitchen and doing the cooking!
Everything was dirty, windows, tables, floors - just a total disaster. Are there no hygene Inspectors in Santa Cruz? This place should be shut down.

Date of visit: January 2017
3  Thank redhand
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

We went only because was xmas and everything was closed. Had to wait to he seated and after we ordered it took like 40 min. to get our food.
My wife salad had rotten lettuce, so she didn't ate anything. My burger was small and the bun was really ugly. We are never coming back.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank Ricardo J
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Waste of time and money. We didn't even have a server. The hostess waited on us and she had no idea what she was doing. Food was cold and gross. Well the food that we got. We didn't even get half of our order. We asked them to remove the items from our bill that we didn't receive. They were so stupid they didn't even know how to do that. DON'T GO

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Ya..I know, it's Dennys. This one is pretty rough. Looks old and worn out, it feels sticky as soon as you go in. The local clientele are enough to make you stay away. The food is average dennys fare, but the cook is sub par. My food was burnt, other tables complained about over cooked or under cooked. The wait staff is really good though, so I blame management for dirty surroundings. If nothing else is open then ya go here. Otherwise pass... on bright side, they serve beer :)

Date of visit: August 2016