“The Food Was Fine; The Wiat Was terrible”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #310 of 389 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 January 2018

I like most Denny's Restaurants. In this one the food was fine, but the wait was terrible. our waiter was very nice but he could not get the kitchen to produce food which was ordered.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

It used to be a great place to eat in Santa Cruz, Ca but since the renovation Denny's is not a friendly place anymore. You have to wait 30 to 40 minutes before it's served. The server are not very friendly and you're not welcome at Denny's. This is my last time in this restaurant. I am disgusted with the service and the workers.

1  Thank paita622
Reviewed 25 August 2017

The restaurant was sparsely visited when we came in. A large portion of the tables had the chairs on top and it had a smell of sharp soap and something else. Not a very inviting setting. The attendant was friendly and prompt but after looking around we left before they could take any orders.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We stopped here after visiting the nearby Redwood Forest - which was spectacular by the way. We noticed the Denny's on our drive-in. My daughter really just needed a restroom - but we decided to try Denny's for breakfast as we usually like their food and it's a great value. I would never - ever - stop at this location again. Pan handlers in the parking lot. The glass to the main entrance was completely shattered. I have no idea how that happened and I'm not sure I want to. I ordered a short stack of pancakes. One tasted ok - the other did not? The bathroom was filthy with graffiti. Do yourself a favor and find another location.

2  Thank JMACKLongIsland
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Very disappointing. Service was extremely slow. They had only 2 people working the floor on a Saturday evening. They did not even clear the table before serving dessert. The food was not as advertised. They had added fried onions and peppers to the cheese quesadilla and omitted the sour cream. The ceasar salad was just a plain garden salad. And, when it came to dessert time they were out of vanilla ice cream. The girl said they had been out since the night before. They offered chocolate or strawberry ice cream as a substitute in the apple crisp. Yuck!! We often go to Dennys as the chain has been reliable up to this visit. AVOID this one. It is not up to Dennys standards.

1  Thank sandracY9672IH