“A Quality Meat Fest”
Review of Meat on Ocean

Meat on Ocean
Reserve with OpenTable
Meat on Ocean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #161 of 705 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed 4 October 2017

My wife and visited this restaurant on Friday 29th September 2017 for dinner. With Steaks dry aged from 28 to 60 days available you would expect nothing less than a great cut of meat that delivers a taste sensation worth savouring and that it exactly what was delivered to our table cooked to perfection. If any criticism could be found from the Chateaubriand served it was only slightly over salted. The friendly bar tender Brian was engaging and most friendly and delighted us with his recommended Gin infused Cocktails. I would have given the restaurant top marks if it hadn't been for the young lacklustre waitress serving us boldly offering up insincerity when it was necessary for her converse.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I would’ve probably given it 5 stars, but a couple of points are worth mentioning:
1- the wait is a bit longer than usual, but the steak is worth the wait.
2- the menu layout is a bit complicated to read.

The food and the service are as good as it gets. Good for family, friends, and large parties.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Located right across from the ocean, Meat was an ideal spot to catch the sunset, have some drinks and eat a delicious steak.

We sat at the bar and ordered off their craft cocktail menu. They also had a fine selection of beer and wine as well. Service was fantastic. Russell was the cocktail mix master. We enjoyed watching him make all different kinds of drinks.

The one that was really great was the Essex. This drink was a mix of gin with dill and cucumber.

For dinner, I had the wet-aged rib eye and the wedge salad. The steak was cooked perfectly, seasoned well, and had great overall flavor. The salad was delicious as well. With fresh bacon and avocado topping the large wedge and blue cheese dressing.

Not to take away from the food, but the restaurant has large retractable windows that give a great view of the ocean, sunset, and the pier.

I would not hesitate to go back again.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

My star rating is based solely on service. We sat at the bar and ordered our entrées. After about 30 minutes went by, we asked the bartender about the status and the delay. His response was simply, "I got it". After another 10 minutes went by, and we have now waited 40 minutes, we asked again and got the same reply. Finally, as we approach an hour, we asked the same bartender to see the manager. When she appeared, she agreed that the time was unacceptable and said she would go and make sure to watch our order. It turns out that our order had actually never been placed. Clearly the bartender did not bother to determine this. She made good on our situation, and comped us for the entrées. However, the total indifference of the bar staff was upsetting. As for the food, my ribeye in particular, excellent.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

IMPORTANT!!!... So, I dont usually write reviews but in this case I am making an exception... Now I love a good steak and have eaten them in plenty of beautiful restaurants around the world but.... none of these has been as good as what Meat On Ocean served us up on Sunday night. We had the Porterhouse. It was aged and seasoned to absolute perfection. Served medium rare with a taste that was heavenly. It came with a selection of sauces, a red wine, bearnaise and chimichurri. I firmly recommend this to you if you love a steak.

The service we had was lovely, friendly and attentive. The Manager, Vaughan Taylor made us feel comfortable and so welcome. We got told about the Meat Room in which you can see the meats aging to perfection with Himalyan Salt helping to dry them and the restaurant itself is beautiful and has a beautiful view of Santa Monica.

If you are reading this far down the review you can tell we loved it. I am absolutely sure you will love the food, the place and the service too.