Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$342
US$359
US$246
US$229
ComfortInn
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$359
  • Beachfront
US$464
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Rest Haven Motel(Santa Monica)
US$399
1,348 results
All reviewsyogurtcontinental breakfastfree parkingwhole foodsquiet neighborhoodshuttle servicewithin a mile radiuswilshire blvdcomfortable roomsbusiness triphome away from homelos angelesstay in santa monicala areawonderful hotelthe santa monica areastreet promenade
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting my daughter who lives in Santa Monica. We've stayed at the Ambrose several years ago and it has gotten even better. Our room was quite spacious with two balconies and a lovely bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and the guest robes were fantastic. Breakfast in the lobby area was great and very European. Staff were courteous and helpful. Although not at the beach or down by the Promenade it was a quick walk to the Metro (or using the free car service.) We'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DavidSilverSpring_MD
AmbroseGM, General Manager at The Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear DavidSilverSpring_MD,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this wonderful review here on Trip Advisor! I am extremely pleased that you both enjoyed our buttery soft bath robes, spacious and modern guest rooms and our delicious complimentary continental breakfast. I am most notably proud of our team who I believe provide the best guest service in Santa Monica.

We look forward to your return to The Ambrose when you are back in town visiting with your daughter.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

this is a nice, comfortable place, even though they really don't have it together. no real leadership there, but the people are nice and try to help. rooms are comfortable, and so is the lay out and outdoor places to eat and read. very low key, un chainlike, and you do feel comfortable there.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tenisax
AmbroseGM, General Manager at The Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear tenisax,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your review here on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you found our team to be helpful and that you enjoyed our comfortable guest rooms and spacious outdoor garden. We pride ourselves as being more of an oasis where our guests can escape the hustle and bustle of the big city and simply relax.

We look forward to your return visit to Santa Monica.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We had a wonderful stay at the Ambrose. The room was spacious and very comfortable with a lovely outside space off of our room. The ceilings are very high which adds to the feeling of space and air. Delicious continental breakfast with "real" food-not the packaged things you often get. Everyone was very helpful. The outdoor space was peaceful and comfortable. Although it is a ways from the beach it is not a problem.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
AmbroseGM, General Manager at The Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dear katesmom2016,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this very nice review here on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you were able to enjoy or very spacious and comfortable guest rooms coupled with our delicious complimentary breakfast. I am most notably pleased to hear that our team was helpful and made your stay enjoyable. The team and I are certainly looking forward to your return visit when you are back in Santa Monica!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2017

My GF and I stayed here Memorial weekend. The staff was excellent, the room was clean and unique, loved the lobby setup, felt like we were at home in livingroom.
The only issue we had was the size of bed. We reserved a king and got a queen, but management stepped up and reduced the price and sent me a beer! :-)
Also, we joke about it, but not sure there ever was a van to transport guests somewhere "within a 3 mile range". We came to lobby and waited 45 mins for a ride to the pier, being told "it's 10 minutes away". It didn't bother us, that's what Uber is for!
We'd stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan D
AmbroseGM, General Manager at The Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear Dan D,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your review here of our amazing team, comfortable guest rooms and cozy lobby here on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you both were able to relax and enjoy the Memorial Day holiday with us. Please accept my apologies for the issue with the size of bed received when you checked in. I am glad that our team came through and provided you with a solution which worked out well. Additionally, we will work on ensuring better management of the house car on busy Holiday weekends.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Santa Monica!

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here on several occasions over the years and we love it. It is a small, clean, quiet and comfortable hotel. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet. They have a nice breakfast bar with a good selection of items to choose from. Unfortunately there are no restaurants nearby but they provide a free shuttle within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. They have underground parking for those who are driving. When we go to the LA area this is the only hotel we consider. It's like a home away from home.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RickDunlop
AmbroseGM, General Manager at The Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Dear RickDunlop,

Nothing is better than receiving wonderful feedback like this! Thank you for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our house car as well as the plethora of complimentary amenities offered to our guests. I certainly appreciate your loyalty and the entire team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back when you are in town.

Warmest regards,