“Perfect beach side casual dining”
Review of Blue Plate Taco

Blue Plate Taco
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Plate Taco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 733 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Description: We will be closing for renovations from Monday April 23rd - April 26th. We do apologize for the inconvenience. We will reopen doors on Friday April 27th.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Ate there as often as we could. The margaritas are all fantastic, the food is fresh and delicious, and the service is friendly and fast. Great place for families.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Been here before and didn’t have issues, but I had way to many issues today I had to let my fellow advisors know.....

First off, waiter took order and screwed up all 4 orders, not 1 was correct. When we brought it up to him, he gave us major attitude as if it was our fault... Sorry but you took the order... you placed the order in correctly, so man up and just say sorry...
All would of been fixed and we would of been fine....

Instead someone else came and took the order again and food came out quick and correct...

The only time we saw the original waiter was when he wanted to get paid....

Awful attitude

I’m not saying do not dine here, I’m just saying buyer beware....

Reviewed 26 March 2018

First time ever that I heard a waitress recommend ordering fewer dishes. Yeah, the portions were very generous, the taste of our salad and tacos was great. And as an added bonus.....this is a great place for people watching.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Hopping on a Friday night - started at bar with a pitcher of classic margaritas and nacho plate. Enjoyed the noisy atmosphere - not a quiet spot but fun one. Fish tacos were great!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

My mom and I stopped in on a whim looking for a place to eat. The food was reasonably priced, the restaurant was filled with people and the food was delicious.

We were given complementary chips and salsa that were home made! Hot chips that weren't greasy, and fresh salsa that had a little kick. For our main meal, we shared chicken fajitas (with corn AND flour tortillas) and they were so good. Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good Mexican meal.