“Great coffee!”

Demitasse Santa Monica
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed 11 January 2017

I love independent coffee places and this one hit all the right notes for me. I prefer espresso and lattes, and those here were superb, but at the time of visit (May/16), they had a special grapefruit latte that was fantastic. They also had real good breakfast croissants and other salty pastries, which I really appreciate as I am not into sweet breakfast food.

I am enjoying now the last ounces of the cocoa powder I bought from them. Not quite as rich as they prepare in house, but tasty nonetheless.

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

I got the lavender hot chocolate and it was wayyyyyy too rich for my liking. Like drinking chocolate tar. My husband had a flat white and that was really good! I guess it's personal preference and that makes this place a hit or miss for me.

Reviewed 24 November 2016

We had the best gluten free Lemon Strawberry cake ever!! I prefer just regular coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 and they had exactly that while my daughter had a soy latte that she loved!

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Popped in by accident when walking to out hotel. This was a lovely coffee bar with beautiful drinks. I had the lavender hit chocolate since I'm not a coffee drinker. Interesting flavor that grows on you. Rich thick chocolate. Can't go wrong! Would recommend this to anyone

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Making good coffee is an art...these people have just about nailed it. Such a relief to find a safe (caffeine) haven in a sea of (that) chain of coffee franchises.