“Disaster all the way”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: 7th Street
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The first four, repeat FOUR choices of wine - were out of stock, but still on the wine list. My portion of ravioli for <USD20.- was so small, that we had to go and eat somewhere else for not to be hungry. Then the waitress came and offered complimentary desserts because of the stressful situation when ordering the wine - from the 3 choices she verbally offered - only two were available in fact and once again our choice was not available. At this stage the meal had become a joke and we were glad to leave. The attention of the chef seems to concentrate on patrons he knows. He came to the restaurant often but only talked to one couple, ignoring everyone else. Worst managed restaurant we experienced in a long time. The chef can probably cook for our food was quite good, but sadly we cannot recommend a visit.

1  Thank kuede

Reviewed 18 June 2013

This was our third visit to La Botte; each time has been better than the last.

Our salads were exceptionally fresh and flavorful and the salmon was cooked to perfection. The wine list leans toward expensive but we managed to find a great selection we could afford.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We found this restaurant on Yelp and decided to try it. We had the most amazing dinner! We opted for the tasting menu, which was divine. Our waitress and waiter were lovely and we were also surprised to have the chef come out and present some of the dishes and personally shave the summer truffle on our ravioli for us. I would definitely go back here anytime!

1  Thank Dana P
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I do like this place. But when I ordered a bottle of wine and an appetizer together, I expect to enjoy them together. It was beyond irritating that we had finished a plate of Carpaccio before our wine got to out table some 15 minutes later. They seemed understaffed but when the Matrie'd showed up with a wine list and asked if I wanted to order a bottle of wine I knew that this place lacked communication amongst the wait staff.

We finally got our wine before I walked out and the rest of the meal was good. The salads were fresh and imaginative the Avocado/Watercress Salad was a hit. Everyone really enjoyed their entrees. They were helpful and charged my cell phone when I asked. So all in all it is good. If they hired another waiter or too I would give it another star. I would try it again but there are so many great places in the area I probably won't make it back.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I could not understand why this place wasn't getting excellent reviews every time, so I headed back to see if anything had changed. The staff were attentive, friendly and helpful and the food was superb. I would describe the menu as Adventurous Italian, with some really interesting choices so don't go if all you want is run-of-the-mill spaghetti and meatballs. It's a great place to take friends or business contacts and not too loud to hold a conversation like some others around town. When we went, they were exhibiting fine art photographs on the walls that we had seen in a gallery a couple of days before - another plus point!